• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What on Earth is going on today ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What on Earth is going on today ?

8 weeks out of work, and not a peep from the Agencies or any of my own job searches.

Yesterday, signed a contract for a 3 monther.

Today, 3 agencies call, all with other roles !

One agent even mentions to me he is a bit bemused, as the 3 other candidates he rang today also signed contracts within the last 48 hours.

WTF is going on ?

It's called S0d's Law
    It's even worse if they offer more cash and nearer home !
    Anyway, well done.

Incidentally what did happen in the end with those clowns you use to work with ?
    I'm not on here often enough ...
    Did you get a large swag bag for your troubles ?

You don't have to tell if you don't want to bring up bad memories ...

Comment

Cheers PT.

One of the roles was more cash, but I didn't like the sound of the role...it whiffed of "Scapegoat".

The other clowns...oh yes...got a letter from them last week, saying that it had appeared that I had breached my contract and approached a Client.

The clause is that I cannot solicit a Client for business until after 6 mths of leaving them.

I wrote back saying that I'd approached the Client not to solicit business, but to pop in and say hello and lend the client some music gear for their home studio, as the contact and I are both musos.

When they got stroppy, I asked the client to call them. In his spare time he likes to write music. As a job, he is a Barrister.

The clowns wrote back saying sorry for the misunderstanding and wished me and Mrs BGG all the best for the future. They apologised for the tone of their letter and the mention of potential legal action for breach of the leaving clauses.

Comment

Nice one BGG.

Could only be bettered by the horse's head in the bed approach...

Comment

Cheers...I was considering that but it's a bit passe (with the silly accent thingie over the e)

I thought bits of their family arriving in the post might give them a gentle nudge, but that's been done before as well.

Being a hovering atheist/agnostic/pagan I can't even ask Him Upstairs (or even The Rightful Ruler Downstairs) to visit a plague of locuusts or frogs or raining blood on them.

My best bet is to beg and grovel Threaded to borrow his time machine, then go back in time and cause their family tree to have a bit of a whoopsie with a chainsaw.

Comment

Q3 2005 starts tomorrow.

hth

tl

Comment

...can't call the client for 6 months, is this a 6 month pay-off per chance.

Well whatever, .... congrats BGG on the new job

Sob stories provide much hilarity and amusment on the BB as it gives a chance to have a good sneer, but a success story is also nice occasionally.

Comment

Working...
              X