• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riots in Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riots in Liverpool

From the Centennial Courier:

Rioting in Liverpool

From Liverpool, 14 August. Strikers this afternoon looted and plundered the town hall and police headquarters. The mayor was wounded in the head by a stone. Troops dispersed the rebellious crowd. In Aldershot 5000 more troops are preparing to be sent to Liverpool. A message confirms that the army shot crowds at Liverpool. Rioters wanted to loot and destroy private homes. (translation improved)
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 7 August 2011, 14:53.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Flip me, 100 years ago to the day and they're still at it.

Although back then, with the widespread poverty and harsh working conditions, perhaps there was a bit more justification for it.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Flip me, 100 years ago to the day and they're still at it.

Although back then, with the widespread poverty and harsh working conditions, perhaps there was a bit more justification for it.
      Dey might ave been poor, bruv, but we is poorer an' dey never 'ad no Nike trainers to get dey jus wore clogs or dead cats or summink. An' no mobile trend t'keep up wiv, y'narmeen? D'ya know 'ow much iphones is costin dese days, bruv?

Dem fort dey was poor, but we is d'real poor, 'ow is I supposta ford a forty inch pasma an' pee ess free, when da goverment would take all me money as tax an tulip if I ad a job, which I ain't, j'narmeen?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
      X