• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Productive Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Productive Day

Been thinking of doing this for a while. Finally got round to it thks weekend.

With marathon season nearly over, I pulled out my Suffolk Punch.

Removed cutting cylinder and git to work modifying the housing.

Have come up with a quick release mechanism involving 2 snail cams and a cotter pin.

Should now be able to switch between working mode and racing mode in 5 minutes.

I think even by the standards of many threads on General you need to be elsewhere (well until DaveB returns tomorrow).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just got to add a locking nut and split pin to ensure that nothing comes loose owing to vibration.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        Been thinking of doing this for a while. Finally got round to it thks weekend.

With marathon season nearly over, I pulled out my Suffolk Punch.

Removed cutting cylinder and git to work modifying the housing.

Have come up with a quick release mechanism involving 2 snail cams and a cotter pin.

Should now be able to switch between working mode and racing mode in 5 minutes.
        To quote Einsteins younger brother...
        "Eh?"
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I think even by the standards of many threads on General you need to be elsewhere (well until DaveB returns tomorrow).
          Now I'm confused....
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            To quote Einsteins younger brother...
            "Eh?"
            My thoughts exactly. Could anyone translate into English?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

He has modified his rotary mower so the blades can be quickly replaced should he be tempted to take part in a lawn mower race.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                He has modified his rotary mower so the blades can be quickly replaced should he be tempted to take part in a lawn mower race.
                Are such temptations really that spontaneous. or are they planned in advance?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Are such temptations really that spontaneous. or are they planned in advance?
                  Considering the risk to his digits and possible catastrophic failure of his mower I would suggest a certain amount of premeditation if not outright intent.

Edit: I had been aiming for a Viz like informative, but condescending feel to the first response. Obviously failed.
                  Last edited by Arturo Bassick; 8 August 2011, 11:54.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    It's a cylinder mower as it happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X