• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you think about getting old?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think about getting old?

When I read stuff like this, I think the pension issue in Europe is nowhere near fixed.

A study in the Lancet last year suggested that half of babies born after 2000 will reach 100.
    BBC News - Why can't we imagine ourselves getting old?

For the last 50 or so years life expectancy has been increasing at a rate of six hours a day.
    Last edited by alreadypacked; 8 August 2011, 08:55.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

It's time to think the unthinkable, to pay for pensions I estimate taxes will probably have to go up beyond 100%.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

No.

Entropy, there's no escaping it so accept it.

Accepting makes me celebrate the fact I've survived another trip round the sun.

Where I choose to live in my later years concerns me a lot more though.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        It's time to think the unthinkable, to pay for pensions I estimate taxes will probably have to go up beyond 100%.
        And on that day the tittle 'GP' shall actually mean Get Paid.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Where I choose to live in my later years concerns me a lot more though.
          Regardless of country it'll likely include a bunker where you can wink to your hearts content over the last Mac keyboard.

Comment

But would you agree with

The novelist Martin Amis argued last year that the answer might be "euthanasia booths on every street corner".
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              But would you agree with
              For Martin Amis yes. Would it be legal to help him into one and switch it on.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I think we need to start a Logans Run ePetition that anyone over the age of 40 should be incinerated for people born after 1970.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Regardless of country it'll likely include a bunker where you can wink to your hearts content over the iPad
                  FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I think we need to start a Logans Run ePetition that anyone over the age of 40 should be incinerated for people born after 1970.
                    How do I apply as position of Sandman?
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                    X