• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Lunch

Anyone fancy one of these for lunch? Claimed as subsistence, of course.

Hungry shoppers are being offered the chance to eat a gourmet sandwich, but the £85 price tag might be too much for some to swallow. The McDonald sandwich - named after its creator Scott McDonald, the chef at London department store Selfridges - is said to be the world's most expensive.

Its cost is down to the Wagyu beef that makes up most of the filling, packed in a 24-hour fermented sour dough bread. There have been at least five advance orders placed for the 21oz (595g) meal.

Food and catering director at Selfridges on Oxford Street, Ewan Venters, said: "Well it is definitely a very healthy, a very hearty sandwich. "Between the beef and the foie gras with black truffle mayonnaise and some fine cheese, it's a real delight.

"We've have some fantastic reaction already from customers who are looking forward to coming in to buy one."

The ingredients of the sandwich are: Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit and English plum tomatoes.

'Most expensive sandwich' on sale

I have 2 on order, but I have asked them to hold the foie gras as its cruel, and could I have mine with British beef, extra strong Lancashire cheese and a little english mustard instead of all that foreign muck.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I have asked for a sausage sandwich, heavy on the mayo.

Comment

No surprise there.

Comment

I can only stretch to stale bread and dripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            I can only stretch to ........dripping.
            Is that anything to do with Jabbers sandwich
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Claimed as subsistence, of course.
              Giant have OK'd it with Hector.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
                Giant have OK'd it with Hector.
                I guess you don't need a receipt either then?

Comment

Working...
                X