• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feck Feck Feck Feckity Feck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck Feck Feck Feckity Feck

Ok, I'm bored. My e-mail is fecked and shows no signs of being un-fecked in the immediate future ( tommorow at the earliest ) which means I have nothing to do.

How early can I reasonably bugger off home without causing dissent in the other ( permie ) ranks?

Humorous suggestions preffered, extended lunch is an option.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Fake some chest pains and get yourself off on the pretext of going to A&E. Come in tomorrow morning as usual and tell them it was just cramp where you'd been doing too many chinups at the gym.

Comment

I would sit there making loud noises about being paid exhorbitant rates whilst doing bugger all, grinning and playing games on your mobile.

Otherwise go to the line manager explain that you are leaving in order to save him the expense of the above, very magnanimous of you.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        I would sit there making loud noises about being paid exhorbitant rates whilst doing bugger all, grinning and playing games on your mobile.
        No Change there then

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        Otherwise go to the line manager explain that you are leaving in order to save him the expense of the above, very magnanimous of you.
        Hmmm, could have been an option except that :

a) My line manager is at the other end of the country
        b) Over 4 hours on the clock and I get the full day rate regardless.

Comment

Sod it.

Long lunch, time wasted browsing Wikipedia, what little I can get done done and a full day on the clock for billing purposes.

I'm going home.

Comment

The world is vast and wide. Why do you put on your robes at the sound of a bell?
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Tut tut! The youth of today! I ask you!

As everyone knows, the impression you give is more important than what you do.
              So spend your time typing furiously, posting crap on this forum, wearing a frown and muttering under your breath "...fecking hashed arrays ....doing my head in .....need to use the logarithmic function of the integral ...."

You get the picture ....
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

sasguru: are you sat in my office?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  sasguru: are you sat in my office?
                  Are you the bloated porker with a stack of Melton Mowbrays on your desk? If so, then yes.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I just stood up and waved. Where are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X