• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor friendly health service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor friendly health service

Just saw my doc to arrange for some surgery I need - requiring 5 days in hospital, two weeks recovery. Obviously I'll work remotely where I can. There's one specific week which is most convenient, being in a lull period of both of the two most important projects I'm working on.

When I explained to my doc (who also is the surgeon), that I'm effectively self-employed, he set the op date for that week, for the hospital of my choice, despite him not normally being at that hospital at that time. There was still the doubt whether the hospital would accomodate, but they also were most helpful once my situation was explained.

So, I've got an appointment for the date that I wanted, in the hospital of choice. All this on the basic health insurance.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just saw my doc to arrange for some surgery I need - requiring 5 days in hospital, two weeks recovery.

Get well soon!

btw, I can take over this very hard moderator work of yours on here whilst you enjoy a moment of peace

Comment

It's still a few months away. But thanks.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's still a few months away. But thanks.
        Well, if it's of any help I can assume moderator duties right now...

Comment

Just saw my doc to arrange for some surgery I need - requiring 5 days in hospital, two weeks recovery. Obviously I'll work remotely where I can. There's one specific week which is most convenient, being in a lull period of both of the two most important projects I'm working on.

When I explained to my doc (who also is the surgeon), that I'm effectively self-employed, he set the op date for that week, for the hospital of my choice, despite him not normally being at that hospital at that time. There was still the doubt whether the hospital would accomodate, but they also were most helpful once my situation was explained.

So, I've got an appointment for the date that I wanted, in the hospital of choice. All this on the basic health insurance.
          Five days for circumcision?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Five days for circumcision?
            Must be, it ain't a lobotomy - that's already happened.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Finally getting that hair transplant NAT?

Comment

Nip and tuck of moobs?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Haemmorhoid removal?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Getting that designer vagina you've always wanted?

Comment

Working...
                    X