• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May steps in to rescue London ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May steps in to rescue London ...

THERESA May’s cuts have left Police forces battling against the tightest cash squeeze in a generation.

After the money police get from council tax, the average force in England and Wales will have 14% less cash in 2015 than today.

But the pain will not been spread evenly. City of London Police is worst hit with a 19% income drop in the next four years after losing £21.4million. Many large forces will also be hit with cuts of more than 15% .

Those forces alone will lose more than 5,000 frontline officers, with Greater Manchester Police forced to shed just under 1,600 – almost as many as London’s Metropolitan Police, which will axe just over 1,900. West Midlands Police will cut an estimated 1,250 of 8,500 frontline staff.

Still 1000's of the ****ers on the motorway looking for people commuting at 71 mph though.

Sack the police and bring in the army.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      THERESA May’s cuts have left Police forces battling against the tightest cash squeeze in a generation.

After the money police get from council tax, the average force in England and Wales will have 14% less cash in 2015 than today.

But the pain will not been spread evenly. City of London Police is worst hit with a 19% income drop in the next four years after losing £21.4million. Many large forces will also be hit with cuts of more than 15% .

Those forces alone will lose more than 5,000 frontline officers, with Greater Manchester Police forced to shed just under 1,600 – almost as many as London’s Metropolitan Police, which will axe just over 1,900. West Midlands Police will cut an estimated 1,250 of 8,500 frontline staff.

so we can expect 14% more riots in 2015 than we have today ?

wowzer

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        Well, if the police in full riot gear just waits for some young scumbags to loot stores until they (scumbags) get bored and go home then might as well cut the costs.

Either way this is completely of Liebour doing - loaded up the country with debt, fecked up revenues with high taxes, the only logical outcome from this is public sector cuts.

Comment

Either way this is completely of Liebour doing - loaded up the country with debt, fecked up revenues with high taxes, the only logical outcome from this is public sector cuts
          Absolutely, although whether there are still some better targets left in the civil service and the quangos I'm not so sure.

I think my brilliant solution would be to combine the emergency services. Basically they spend much of their time sitting about waiting for something to happen and very often, accidents, violent crimes or riots, they attend the same places. Combining them would raise the productive hours and reduce vehicles, coordination, radios etc.. Abolish regions, so they could respond to anything within a 100 mile radius.

PS For SY's benefit edited above to insert violent crimes
          PPS Oh yes and just stuck an apostrophe in for Daily Mail readers
          Last edited by xoggoth; 8 August 2011, 22:26.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Absolutely, although whether there are still some better targets left in the civil service and the quangos I'm not so sure.

I think my brilliant solution would be to combine the emergency services. Basically they spend much of their time sitting about waiting for something to happen and very often, accidents, violent crimes or riots, they attend the same places. Combining them would raise the productive hours and reduce vehicles, coordination, radios etc.. Abolish regions, so they could respond to anything within a 100 mile radius.

PS For SY's benefit edited above to insert violent crimes
            PPS Oh yes and just stuck an apostrophe in for Daily Mail readers
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X