• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ealing riot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ealing riot

Rioters attacking shops and residents in Ealing as well.

Rioters burst into some residents homes and attacked homeowners.

Heard one of the residents on Sky News and she was understandably quite shaken by it.

Tossers.

Who'd want to live in London?!

Like South Africa or something.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I was heartened to hear about the Turkish community in Stoke Newington took to the streets with sticks and kebab knives, and managed to give the 'yoofs' a taste of their own medicine and turn them back.
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
        I was heartened to hear about the Turkish community in Stoke Newington took to the streets with sticks and kebab knives, and managed to give the 'yoofs' a taste of their own medicine and turn them back.
        Only a matter of time that local vigilantes come out on to the streets and some gangers get cut up/shot.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Only a matter of time that local vigilantes come out on to the streets and some gangers get cut up/shot.
          Same thing happened somewhere in the East End with the Indians & Bangladeshi shop owners. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

I wonder though, whether this violence is exacerbated by the lack of work and money due to the economic climate.
          Last edited by ChimpMaster; 9 August 2011, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

I wonder though, whether this violence is exacerbated by the lack of trainers and plasma TV's.
            FTFY

Comment

Working...
            X