• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Chavpocalypse : The Chavs Will Rise !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chavpocalypse : The Chavs Will Rise !

Shocking to see large gangs of youths running rings around our police force in London and other areas.

To me what is different about these riots is that they are not in one concentrated area of London and there seems to be better tactics on the side of the rioters, also I recall that previous riots solely focused on hatred towards the police or the establishment whereas these are very much involved in looting on a scale not seen before.

What I don't understand is that the police just stand there and use the "softly softly" approach and watch on as high street shops are looted, the police charge intermittently to disperse a crowd but then later on the Chavs regroup and counter attack. Maybe the police are too scared of a fatality on the other side which could again fan the flames of hatred.

There is a serious security problem in this country, a capital that cannot safe guard its citizens against a group of youths; and all because a drug dealer that was "respected" in his area got shot and killed (was there "really" an exchange of fire - Chavs seem to think not).

I think the police don't feel they have respect in these areas, and they are letting the locals see what life would be like without them.

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      Shocking to see large gangs of youths running rings around our police force in London and other areas.

To me what is different about these riots is that they are not in one concentrated area of London and there seems to be better tactics on the side of the rioters, also I recall that previous riots solely focused on hatred towards the police or the establishment whereas these are very much involved in looting on a scale not seen before.

What I don't understand is that the police just stand there and use the "softly softly" approach and watch on as high street shops are looted, the police charge intermittently to disperse a crowd but then later on the Chavs regroup and counter attack. Maybe the police are too scared of a fatality on the other side which could again fan the flames of hatred.

There is a serious security problem in this country, a capital that cannot safe guard its citizens against a group of youths; and all because a drug dealer that was "respected" in his area got shot and killed (was there "really" an exchange of fire - Chavs seem to think not).
      You only have to look at the issue of Ian Tomlinson. Heavy handed police tactics and some innocent dies. Now they've gone the other way. This is endemic of our Liberal / politically correct / namby pamby state. Starting with parents who don't discipline or are missing, then into schools where the kids know they're rights, you can't touch me I'll sue, followed up as teens by the police trying to build up relationships (even down to the latest rules where they cannot arrest people for bad language (Officers told not to arrest people who scream obscenities because courts won't convict | Mail Online) and an apathetic public who do not engage lest they find themselves on the wrong end of the law for clipping a kid around the ear or attacked by an unruly mob.

The police need to use some really heavy handed tactics to stamp this out straight away, and then the politicians are going to have to look at re-addressing the slide in discipline from parenting all the way across to school to police.

The way the police have not got involved though speaks volumes. It's like watching an IT project go wrong by well paid professionals because they're too apathetic to get involved or solve problems in case of a bollocking from the Project Manager.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Spot on, MF.

The police powers are restricted though. It's not themselves that make the response pathetic, it's all the red tape, paperwork, political correctness, ott human rights laws etc etc etc
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You only have to look at the issue of Ian Tomlinson. Heavy handed police tactics and some innocent dies. Now they've gone the other way. This is endemic of our Liberal / politically correct / namby pamby state. Starting with parents who don't discipline or are missing, then into schools where the kids know they're rights, you can't touch me I'll sue, followed up as teens by the police trying to build up relationships (even down to the latest rules where they cannot arrest people for bad language (Officers told not to arrest people who scream obscenities because courts won't convict | Mail Online) and an apathetic public who do not engage lest they find themselves on the wrong end of the law for clipping a kid around the ear or attacked by an unruly mob.

The police need to use some really heavy handed tactics to stamp this out straight away, and then the politicians are going to have to look at re-addressing the slide in discipline from parenting all the way across to school to police.

The way the police have not got involved though speaks volumes. It's like watching an IT project go wrong by well paid professionals because they're too apathetic to get involved or solve problems in case of a bollocking from the Project Manager.
          And I bet that all the chavs that the have been arrested for criminal damage (amongst other things) will not get a 16 month prison sentence like Charlie Gilmour got!

Comment

This could be a turning point. It will drive home how fed up the normal citizens of this country are and action will be taken to start coming down heavy on the chav / scum.

The bleeding hearts will be crying into their museli this morning, struggling to come up for excuses for these vermin.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              I think the police don't feel they have respect in these areas, and they are letting the locals see what life would be like without them.

Cynical, but a distinct possibility.

Already one of the resident pinkos here is complaining about the government cutting police numbers. This after ranting about how awful the police were at the student demos.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Police are doing the right thing, stand back, and let the chavs trash the place, and give people (who've been voting for this stuff for the last 20 years) time to reflect that's what they really want. As a police officer you'd be a complete berk to do anything other to politely reprimand anyone looting or setting fire and generally causing mayhem, because you might end up suspended or in prison. If the police had gone in heavy everyone would be blaming them.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 August 2011, 08:19.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

They outmanoeuvred the authorities in spectacular fashion last night.

The police were too restrained by their incompetent leaders (all the way up to limp-wrist Cameron), too immobile against people in cars and on bikes moving from area to area, and too outnumbered.

Time the communities under attack stopped relying solely on the police and stand up for their homes and families if they must. The Turks and Bangladeshi managed it last night. Grow a backbone and get stuck in.

Otherwise pray Cameron has the balls to deploy the army or draft in many thousands more coppers or tonight could be more of the same.

Once the scum know they own the streets it will spread to other areas, like we saw with copycat behaviour in Birmingham, Liverpool, and Bristol.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Do any of you actually know any police officers ??? All the coppers I know would be most upset that people think they are letting the riots happen because they are disgruntled with red tape.

Comment

Working...
                    X