• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life as a Londoner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life as a Londoner

This is what you have to put up with from your fellow citizens:

Forced to strip naked in the street: Shocking scenes as rioters steal clothes and rifle through bags as people make their way home | Mail Online

Still think the premium for living in London is worth it?

Appalling behaviour by the scum-class of society.

Edit: Looks like that article has been editied as there's also this one showing a woman apparently having also been stripped.

http://istyosty.com/tmp/cache/a1f98c...9f7b025c7.html

I'd be taking the afternoon off and either staying in tonight or getting tooled up ready to defend my community against this scum if they dare repeat it tonight.
    Last edited by PAH; 9 August 2011, 10:46.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Disgusting.

Still, your house doubles in value every year, so not all bad, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      This is what you have to put up with from your fellow citizens:

Forced to strip naked in the street: Shocking scenes as rioters steal clothes and rifle through bags as people make their way home | Mail Online

Pay triple the price for a tiny flat?
      Taking 4 hours to travel a mile?
      Squeezed like sardines on public transport?
      Stripped naked on the street on the way home?

Laughing at the morons who decided to live in London.

Priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Disgusting.

Still, your house doubles in value every year, so not all bad, eh?
        Well it did? Now Baghdad looks a safer bet.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

When you choose to live in London you choose to live in a decent area.

Out of the areas I was born in, grew up in, lived and live in as an adult none of them has been looted.

However some of the shopping areas have been looted.

However you should never choose to live above a shop or retail outlets for more reasons than just this.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            When you choose to live in London you choose to live in a decent area.

Out of the areas I was born in, grew up in, lived and live in as an adult none of them has been looted.

However some of the shopping areas have been looted.

However you should never choose to live above a shop or retail outlets for more reasons than just this.
            It's okay to live above a kebab shop though.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              When you choose to live in London you choose to live in a decent area. Out of the areas I was born in, grew up in, lived and live in as an adult none of them has been looted.

Yet. If they don't take firm control who knows what may happen next.

How close are the decent areas to the less desirable ones?

Seems the scum were driving, cycling, running between areas last night keeping one step ahead of the police. Unless there's enough police on the streets to stop that movement then the situation will be no better, if it kicks off again tonight.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It's okay to live above a kebab shop though.

Yeah right.

You get people pissing and vomiting on your doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Laughing at the morons who decided to live in London. Priceless!

I think a lot of people may be re-evaluating their choice of location if they're forced to live on the doorstep of this scum because house prices are so high they have that choice or move out of London.

Last night was a big wake up call that just because you are a decent person with morals and respect for authority (including your parents) doesn't mean you will be protected.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

LloydsBanking group are using today to bury bad news of job cuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X