• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riot in Leeds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riot in Leeds

Because there isn't going to be any police.

Mrs MF is on the way to Newcastle and was approaching Leeds when one convoy of 20 police vans were heading in the opposite way blues and twos going. 5 minutes later, she counted another 15 vans going.

If there's one thing the Leeds police force is going to want to show is that they're better than the Met. I can see a lot of people getting a serious kicking tonight in London if they try it on again.

In the meantime, we;re meeting outside Currys in the St Johns shopping centre in Leeds, bring a scarf.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Maybe they've organised some awayday trips for the local scum who've complained about it being a breach of their human rights not to be allowed down to join the party.

"I have every faith in the police to robustly handle the situation in all our towns and cities while offering support to London."

No idea who said it but I bet someone did.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

On a more serious note, our country was attacked the last time we were diverting major police resources around the country to deal with scumbags.

31st G8 summit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

There were "small pockets of disorder" in Leeds last night.

One man shot in the face and a vehicle burnt out.

Probably not out of the ordinary for Chapeltown at the weekend, but on a Monday?
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Just waiting for the request from the rozzers to hand over MF's details on the grounds of incitement to riot...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Just waiting for the request from the rozzers to hand over MF's details on the grounds of incitement to riot...
            You'll never take me alive copper.

Comment

Now where is the address of that MF's famous tat shop...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                You'll never take me alive copper.
                Promises promises.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There's lots of sirens around me at the moment and I live in a quite surburban area outside of the city. Think I may take to the street with my shotgun.

Comment

Hedlu heading over the bridge, Newport is an open goal.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X