• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordo to raise income tax 2p

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordo to raise income tax 2p

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle356892.ece

You heard it here first.

at 30 per class thats 3.3 million teachers
    say 40 teachers per school thats 80,000 schools

and all for only 2pence

Bargain.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Nice. I know I promised not to put up income tax, but it's not for me...

Comment

I wonder where he gets the idea from that we are a 'rich' nation. He can't afford to run the NHS but he's managed to scrape together a £15 billion package for overseas schools? Can't help thinking that he hasn't really got his priorities right - either that or he can't add up

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
          I wonder where he gets the idea from that we are a 'rich' nation. He can't afford to run the NHS but he's managed to scrape together a £15 billion package for overseas schools? Can't help thinking that he hasn't really got his priorities right - either that or he can't add up
          Gordon Brown is bidding to take over from Tony Blair as World Saviour, and he doesn't care how much it costs (the taxpayer). Expect more of this sh1te.

Comment

This government is unable to delimit its area of responsibility properly. We're to help out Poland and the Eastern Bloc, sub-Saharan Africa, parts of the Middle East, Afganistan, the Indian sub-continent...

I have a feeling the mentality at work in the heart of government is that there is 'us' = 'the big people running it' and 'them' = 'all the little people'. The British public falls into the latter category along with our comrades in Burkino Faso etc.

Comment

Is it just me, or does Flash Gordon sound more and more pompous, smug and messianic as the days roll by? I can't abide the creep.

Comment

Without insistence on population control all such aid is pointless.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There is something seriously mad with nu labour.... not enough cash for UK hospitals, not enough cash to pay public sector pensions, people dying from the cold as they cant afford heating bills, transport infrastructure in shambles, talk of people having to work into their 70s to make ends meet.

So lets ship £8,500,000,000 abroad. Fecking lunatics.
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

If it's on the market I'll buy it - If it means another penny on the income-tax.
                    -- Sherlock holmes, The Adventure of the Second stain.

What is remarkable (apart from the fact that the dog did nothing in the night-time) is that this was supposed to be a nigh-on unbelievable sign of how strongly the government backed Holmes in this matter of vital national importance; a penny on the income-tax being almost unimaginable. And it was an "old" penny - 1/240 of a pound, for those who don't know.

Comment

Working...
                    X