• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My trading went badly wrong today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trading went badly wrong today

£1000 down (and counting) shorting gold and the FTSE 100 this afternoon.

kind supporting words please from my friends at CUK.

Relax - tomorrow will be much worse.

Comment

Surprised you sold the gold, would have hung on to it myself.

On the plus € is up 1.5 cents up on the £, remarkable progress for 8 hours.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Surprised you sold the gold, would have hung on to it myself. On the plus € is up 1.5 cents up on the £, remarkable progress for 8 hours.
        He sold his Cyprus villa for euros and converted them to GBP, next day the sterling went down like a stone in water... he's never been the same every since. In a way this story parallels that of the Mad Hatter.

Comment

If ECB creates euro bonds and euro disney becomes a transfer union the British economy shall feel enormous pressure. Doomed.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            £1000 down (and counting) shorting gold and the FTSE 100 this afternoon.

kind supporting words please from my friends at CUK.
            Fair dues. Least you're honest. Looked a bloody good bet shorting this morning.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Fair dues. Least you're honest. Looked a bloody good bet shorting this morning.
              Din't you see the signs?!!!!

I saw the signs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                He sold his Cyprus villa for euros and converted them to GBP, next day the sterling went down like a stone in water... he's never been the same every since. In a way this story parallels that of the Mad Hatter.
                Fook off!

Both my therapist and my community care outreach worker say I'm making good progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Both my therapist and my community care outreach worker say I'm making good progress.
                  It's ok, you are among friends here, and by that I mean MF and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It's ok, you are among friends here, and by that I mean MF and myself.
                    Feck off AtW. You're own your own
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X