• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Volatile Market and work motivation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volatile Market and work motivation

So you work really hard and even manage to save some money.
    Reckless politicians bluff is finally called and the markets plummet, wiping 20% off my assets.

Do that make you motivated to work extra hard or would you rather get by day to day enjoying life and working as little as possible?

Work? PAH. If we're not surfing CUK we're admiring the balls of the looters. It's the way forward.

Why work for a pittance only to see your savings swallowed by inflation while they give you f**k all interest when you can be out looting some free goods.

The new generation are showing us the way. Don't work, get benefits, get free goods, and get a free holiday when they catch up with you.

Young offenders taken on all-expenses trip to Alton Towers as part of 'supervision programme' | Mail Online

Still working? MUG!
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
      So you work really hard and even manage to save some money.
      Reckless politicians bluff is finally called and the markets plummet, wiping 20% off my assets.

Do that make you motivated to work extra hard or would you rather get by day to day enjoying life and working as little as possible?
      The stock market should not be a daily worry unless you work on it. Investment should be careful investigation followed by leaving it alone. Otherwise you will give yourself unnecessary anxiety.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

option B all the time, you never know when your number shelled be called.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          If we're not surfing CUK we're admiring the balls of the looters. It's the way forward.
          Speak for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Speak for yourself.
            I will, seeing as you're not in touch with the kind of humour I'm dishing out.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

If you are only counting the deflation of bubbles you are bound to get demotivated. Wages and assets go up in boom times, its just as unreal as the fall. Average it out over the long term.

Personally tho I err on the not working extra hard side. Lifes too short to spend it in front of a computer just to have a bigger garden and be considerably richer than yow when I'm about to die.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                I will, seeing as you're not in touch with the kind of humour I'm dishing out.
                "admiring the balls of the looters"

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  The stock market should not be a daily worry unless you work on it. Investment should be careful investigation followed by leaving it alone. Otherwise you will give yourself unnecessary anxiety.
                  Just got off the phone with my broker. Might start doing contracts as well.

Looked this morning, market moving up. Got to work, had recovered all of my profits again for the year by lunchtime, , got home had dropped back off six grand.

Tetchy little fecker the market at the moment.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Tetchy little fecker the market at the moment.
                    Would you rather still run a tat shop?

Comment

Working...
                    X