• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EDL Whiteshirts on the streets of London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDL Whiteshirts on the streets of London

On R4 this morning there were reports of 350 white shirted members of the 'Enfield Defence League' on the streets of Enfield, and a smaller number of pissed up English Defence League members on the streets of Eltham (I think it was Eltham they said).

Are we descending into 1930s Munich (or the British Union of Fascist Blackshirts in London) and the emergence of fascist street gangs exploiting an opportunity? Probably not, but it is yet another facet of the situation that will need a watchful eye.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    On R4 this morning there were reports of 350 white shirted members of the 'Enfield Defence League' on the streets of Enfield, and a smaller number of pissed up English Defence League members on the streets of Eltham (I think it was Eltham they said).

Are we descending into 1930s Munich (or the British Union of Fascist Blackshirts in London) and the emergence of fascist street gangs exploiting an opportunity? Probably not, but it is yet another facet of the situation that will need a watchful eye.
    Compare and contrast with the Muslim citizens who risked (and in Birmingham, lost) their lives to protect streets and businesses.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Compare and contrast with the Muslim citizens who risked (and in Birmingham, lost) their lives to protect streets and businesses.
      It is certainly interesting - Sikh groups in Southall as well. The worry with the EDL is that they will seek to exploit this to their own gain. This is the model of European street fascism (a space largely vacated over the last 20 years by the BNP's move towards an electoral strategy) that has always been seen as a route to power.

Comment

It is certainly interesting - Sikh groups in Southall as well. The worry with the EDL is that they will seek to exploit this to their own gain. This is the model of European street fascism (a space largely vacated over the last 20 years by the BNP's move towards an electoral strategy) that has always been seen as a route to power.
        I did wonder how long it would take for the EDL to mobilise onto the streets. A running pitch battle between young fit gangers and fat, overweight facists should be interesting to watch.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I did wonder how long it would take for the EDL to mobilise onto the streets. A running pitch battle between young fit gangers and fat, overweight facists should be interesting to watch.
          I'd buy that for a $, sky+ is it?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            EDL are a strange mix, with a good does of football hooligans thrown in. It could get messy. If I was the EDL, I would be pulling out all the stops to get fellow travellers out onto the streets.

Comment

EDL are a strange mix, with a good does of football hooligans thrown in. It could get messy. If I was the EDL, I would be pulling out all the stops to get fellow travellers out onto the streets.
              Take it to them, forget the high street and head into the high rise sink estates these gang scum live. Start firebombing their hovels and see how they like it.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This could get nasty if it turns into race wars. Get a curfew on them all pronto.

I'm expecting a backlash in brum after three muslims were run over and killed defending their mosque. If the perp(s) were non-muslim that could get nasty if they seek retribution. Hopefully the fuzz have arrested the perp(s) to diffuse the situation a little.

So what started out as 'just a little bit of looting' (copyright Red Ken) could turn into something far more sinister and harming.

At the moment the community seems to be integrating against a common enemy (the scum). Maybe that's what the EDL are really afraid of.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Hilarious, the pair of you don't even see the xenophobic dogma that you're coming out with.

Muslims - allowed to protect their community
                  Sikhs - allowed to protect their community

How dare some 'English' chaps gather on the street to protect their community.

Pair of blinkered fools the both of you.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

The UK is ripe for an explosion of fascism, the elements are coming together like a perfect storm.

Comment

Working...
                    X