• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Respect; what a lot of crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect; what a lot of crap

What is all this crap about 'respect'?

Some girl at the Birmingham riots on the news, ranting that 'we're going mad because you're not respecting us'. Respect is something you EARN, not by rioting or threatening people or by wearing expensive trainers, but by doing something constructive and admirable; a good start would be to apologise then get a broomstick and help local shopkeepers to get their businesses up and running again.

Isn't 'respect' an overused and indeed overabused word?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I caused you to feel ashamed of yourself (because you're unhealthy, dirty, illiterate and ignorant and bring this to your attention) == you are disrespecting me.

It seems to be fixated in a huge lack of self-esteem and confidence. All this fluffy-bunny liberal, won't someone think of the children nonsense, appears not to be working.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

She means respect as in the form of respect she gets from her boyfriend who slaps her about.

She wants respect from the coppers in the form of a truncheon around the ear-hole.

I thought that was clear for all to see.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
      X