• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Under educated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under educated?

This has been mentioned on here and by commentators during news coverage of the riots. Why are these people uneducated?

I was under the impression that education was available to every child in this country. Why do so many under achieve? Poor calibre of schools, teaching?
    Me, me, me...

Poor discipline.

A few years in Afghanistan under fire would teach it to those who survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      This has been mentioned on here and by commentators during news coverage of the riots. Why are these people uneducated?

I was under the impression that education was available to every child in this country. Why do so many under achieve? Poor calibre of schools, teaching?

too much emphasis on formal education, and not enough on parenting imho

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I believe that the correct form is 'under-educated' with a hyphen. I am happy to be educated to the contrary if I am incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          too much emphasis on formal education, and not enough on parenting imho
          Could be something in that. I grew up in a tulipehole and went a tulipe school but survived and I am where I am.

Is there any excuse to blame lack of education when it's freely available?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I believe that the correct form is 'under-educated' with a hyphen. I am happy to be educated to the contrary if I am incorrect.
            Noted.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Noted.
              I blame lack of education.

Comment

Me, me, me...

Comment

Lack of education because of a lack of discipline.

Lack of discipline due to a lack of parenting.

Lack of parenting due to a lack of work/money.

Lack of work/money due to a lack of education.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Could be something in that. I grew up in a tulipehole and went a tulipe school but survived and I am where I am.

Is there any excuse to blame lack of education when it's freely available?

A bloke in Africa will walk 10 miles to school, because its a way out. to food and trainers

A bloke here , will walk 10 miles to avoid school. because he knows that if he has no food or trainers, the state will provide. and if it doesnt, he can nick them

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X