• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello Rioters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Rioters

Look at your friend, now back to me. Now at your friend, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped using petrol bombs and started using a job centre he could potentially be me. Look down, back up. Where are we? You're at an interview with the man your friend could work for. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's an application form to that job you need. Look again. The form is now money. Anything is possible when you get a job and stop looting.
    I'm on a horse
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

On that topic - I just read this fascinating article from Xoggoth's Blog

It does make you wonder if some obvious cures to human society would fail because of effects we had not thought of.

What if we exterminated major criminals in death camps for example? It's a bit Adolphy but it would certainly produce a much safer and pleasanter society for the rest of us.

Or would it?

Much crime is by a hopeless underclass but get them out of the way, in effect remove all the workers of what can be very lucrative industries, and would not at least some upright citizens see a great opportunity, move in and fill the gap?

Would our new Adolphy laws dissuade all of them? Probably not, because we see over and over with crime that fear of consequences if caught do not always deter.

And maybe too, if our criminal class was more intelligent and educated, they would make a much better job of it than the current underclass.

Current burglars might nick a lot of your stuff but how much more could they do if they had MScs in burglary, if the whole thing had been meticulously planned by intelligent professionals to maximise the take and minimise the chance of capture or detection?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

On that topic - I just read this fascinating article from Xoggoth's Blog

It does make you wonder if some obvious cures to human society would fail because of effects we had not thought of.

What if we exterminated major criminals in death camps for example? It's a bit Adolphy but it would certainly produce a much safer and pleasanter society for the rest of us.

Or would it?

Much crime is by a hopeless underclass but get them out of the way, in effect remove all the workers of what can be very lucrative industries, and would not at least some upright citizens see a great opportunity, move in and fill the gap?

Would our new Adolphy laws dissuade all of them? Probably not, because we see over and over with crime that fear of consequences if caught do not always deter.

And maybe too, if our criminal class was more intelligent and educated, they would make a much better job of it than the current underclass.

Current burglars might nick a lot of your stuff but how much more could they do if they had MScs in burglary, if the whole thing had been meticulously planned by intelligent professionals to maximise the take and minimise the chance of capture or detection?

what's missing from this analysis (and from our current crop of looter/rioters)

is any notion that it might be morally wrong

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Aye EO

As for morality - lets leave that to the boyz in the Vatican !

Interesting though to reflect on Xoggoths comments on advanced criminals - certainly in the worlld of banking politics and business there have been some very qualified and talented individuals who resorted to Crime (eg Bank of CCI - Tony Blair- Wall St Bailouts and Enron) .

As Brecht once put it - Whom is the greatest criminal - the person who robs the bank - or the person who owns the bank ?

Aye - theres the rub ...

Comment

Are they still keeping boys in the Vatican?

You'd have thought they'd have got the message by now what with all the court cases and the dressing down they got from the Irish PM.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Aye EO

Interesting though to reflect on Xoggoths comments on advanced criminals - certainly in the worlld of banking politics and business there have been some very qualified and talented individuals who resorted to Crime (eg Bank of CCI - Tony Blair- Wall St Bailouts and Enron) .

As Brecht once put it - Whom is the greatest criminal - the person who robs the bank - or the person who owns the bank ?

Aye - theres the rub ...

there is no right or wrong outside of religion ?

now that's an interesting idea Alf

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Aye EO

Aye - theres the rub ...
              They hang the man and flog the woman
              That steals the goose from off the common
              But let the greater villain loose
              That steals the common from off the goose.

Comment

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Who would be a poor man ? A beggarman - a thief ??

If he had a rich man in his hand.

And who would steal the candy-
                from a laughing baby's mouth ?

If he could take it from the money man.

Cross-eyed Mary goes jumping in again.
                She signs no contract
                but she always plays the game.
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 11 August 2011, 08:24.

Comment

I saw a few people post this on facebook last night, but I have to admit I don't have a scooby what it is about

edit: I should have googled first.... an old spice advert?!? lol!
                  Last edited by jmo21; 11 August 2011, 08:27.

Comment

Education is not just about getting qualifications but also teaching kids to become responsible adults. Years ago it would have been the responsibility of the parents and extended family to teach the kids on how to behave but today it’s left to the schools. The matter is made worse when some schools let the pupils decide what they want to do when in fact they are too young to decide.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X