• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

YouTube footage shows police striking youth with baton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube footage shows police striking youth with baton

Manchester riots: YouTube footage shows police striking youth with baton | UK news | The Guardian

Police say circumstances surrounding the incident may be investigated by force's professional standards branch.

This is probably why the police are wary of using any real force, we need to support the police to do their job, a few of these youths needed a a clip around the ear years ago.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      This is probably why the police are wary of using any real force, we need to support the police to do their job, a few of these youths needed a a clip around the ear years ago.
      WWS

Spare the Rod and spoil the child! Gah!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        WWS

Spare the Rod and spoil the child! Gah!!

How many times a day do you beat your children?

Comment

The footage shows police officers using force to prevent more violence / looting / intimidation. That kid will think twice before doing it again.

I.e. The police were doing their job. What's the problem?
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            The footage shows police officers using force to prevent more violence / looting / intimidation. That kid will think twice before doing it again.

i.e. The police were doing their job. What's the problem?
            Manchester Riot Police Serve Up Some Cold, Hard Justice [HD] - YouTube

Disgraceful.

Comment

What is?

Comment

What's wrong with that? Far too lenient.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  How many times a day do you beat your children?
                  If my heady mix of benevolent dictatorship and tough love were not enough to make them model citizens, it would have been considered as an option. Luckily, having been darned good at the whole parenting thing, seldom if ever.
                  However, Never Say Never!

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    What is?
                    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    What's wrong with that? Far too lenient.
                    Those are kids who did a bit of shoplifting. Illegal, yes, of course. Feral morons, certainly. But deserving of a revenge beating from police with batons and boots? That's not how this country is supposed to work, chaps. Not in cold blood like that. Wrestle them to the ground and handcuff them, fair enough. Shove them in a van and get them down to the station, of course. Don't feel that you have a public mandate to kick the sh1t out of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X