• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits - Petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits - Petition

Petition - Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.

Click here to sign up to this petition - if we get over 100,000 it should be debated in Parliament.

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits. - e-petitions
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

I hope the CUK consensus is still against retrospectively applied legislation.

Comment

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337 site is down. All those billions paid out not enough to keep simple web form up and running...

Making convicts lose all benefits going forward is not retrospection.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It is if it involves a retrospective law change linking such crimes and benefit status. Maybe laws already exist?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why pick on London rioters - what about the Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham rioters?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's applying a new punishment to a crime that has already been comitted.

Comment

Giving them the full 10 years allowed by the relevant legislation plus the maximum fine should suffice.
              The courts can ignore the pleas for time to pay and insist on maximum fines paid immediately.

That should sort them out.

I think we should do this for all crims, the system has gone soft and it is my opinion that this is at the root of a lot of modern day behaviour.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                Giving them the full 10 years allowed by the relevant legislation plus the maximum fine should suffice.
                The courts can ignore the pleas for time to pay and insist on maximum fines paid immediately.

That should sort them out.

I think we should do this for all crims, the system has gone soft and it is my opinion that this is at the root of a lot of modern day behaviour.
                Hear, hear!!!

Another Pimms, Tarkers old boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Hear, hear!!!

Don't mind if I do my old chum. Anyone for tennis?
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Hear, hear!!!

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    Don't mind if I do my old chum. Anyone for tennis?
                    Sorry old bean, too busy wringing my hands worrying about the poor down-trodden masses, my heart's just not in it, init?

I think I'll write a book, nay, I'll call it a "Manifesto"...

Originally posted by Threaded
                    Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on
                    an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebeians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guildmasters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other -- bourgeoisie and proletariat.

Shamelessly copied/stolen from http://www.marxistsfr.org/archive/ma...d/manifest.pdf all property is theft!
                    Last edited by Churchill; 11 August 2011, 06:41.

Comment

Working...
                    X