• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can convicted rioters generate money instead of costing it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can convicted rioters generate money instead of costing it?

Further to the idea of stopping their benefits - banging them all up is going to cost the tax payer money at a time when we could do without any of that.

How could HMG capitalise on having all these able bodied young men and women in custody now to not only pay their way in prison but also pay back the damage they've caused and some more to go towards reducing the deficit?

This will also have the added benefit of instilling some reality and maybe even purpose!

I'm sure there are plenty of windfarms, extra prisons, and plenty of other unskilled manual labour tasks that we could get done for free now?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Further to the idea of stopping their benefits - banging them all up is going to cost the tax payer money at a time when we could do without any of that.

How could HMG capitalise on having all these able bodied young men and women in custody now to not only pay their way in prison but also pay back the damage they've caused and some more to go towards reducing the deficit?

This will also have the added benefit of instilling some reality and maybe even purpose!

I'm sure there are plenty of windfarms, extra prisons, and plenty of other unskilled manual labour tasks that we could get done for free now?
    Why stop there - I am sure many would be ideal for a career in Investment Banking.

Comment

Soylent Green.

Comment

Harvest their kidneys? Most people can live with just one
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Harvest their body parts for deserving people, burn the remains to generate electricity in a Carbon neutral way.

Win win.

Comment

Said it before, and I'll say it again.

The (or an) answer is penal recycling centres. Build a prison, with a large rubbish sorting area where fleets of lorries can drop off refuse bags, which the scrotes can sort on large conveyor belts, with severe penalties for any misbehaviour or misuse of materials (such as making weapons).

Suitably grungey work, and very useful to society, and who knows some convicts could go on after their release to make a lucrative living as scrap merchants and recyclers etc.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They should be forced to do compulsary military service, and would make ideal cannon fodder in the next conflict...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                They should be forced to do compulsary military service, and would make ideal cannon fodder in the next conflict...
                Yep, there must be a petition to bring back National Service. Some discipline, some travel, meet new and interesting people... and kill them. Brilliant solution.

Who needs prisons when they can legally be sent to Afghanistan to defend us from terrorists?

Those that do a good job can be rewarded with some free trainers and a 50" plasma when they get back.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

I am not sure if I would want to share a foxhole with this fella

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X