• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Fill yer boots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Fill yer boots

100pc mortgages return to the market - Telegraph

Credit crunch? What ******* credit crunch?

Next week, liar loans back, and a new series of Location, Location, Location...

..bliss

Thats the Spirit DP ! Ive had enough of this defeatist talk - Bigger and Better !

Think I will max out another credit card !!!

The Only Way Is -Up !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      100pc mortgages return to the market - Telegraph

Credit crunch? What ******* credit crunch?

Next week, liar loans back, and a new series of Location, Location, Location...

..bliss

You mean the banks have finally cottoned on that lending money to British consumers to buy houses is a better investment than Greek government bonds?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The had mortgages like this in Ireland before, puts a lot of pressure on the parents, unfair in my opinion.

With “guarantor” mortgages, the home loan is effectively underwritten by the parents. So if you fell behind with monthly payments, this means that they would be obliged to pay.

The advantage of such schemes is that parents don’t have to stump up cash sums upfront and it can enable you to borrow more. But if you run into financial problems, this can affect your parents’ ability to get credit and potentially put their home at risk.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I'll wait for the return of 120% mortgages.

Get one of those on a typical 3 million pound London cupboard and I'll make 600 grand just by defaulting.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I would recommend to buyers that they don't immediately disregard burning houses. After all it's very likely that if they buy a place that doesn't already have smoke coming out of it, it soon will, as there are thousands of people out there very keen to set it on fire.
            I like the up-beat end.

First-time buyer Emma Bradford said: "A place that's been reduced to a charred skeleton does not involve picking away at loads of dowdy wood chip wallpaper."
            The Daily Mash - Housing market affected by houses being on fire
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

There are certainly some hot deals to be had at the moment.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                There are certainly some hot deals to be had at the moment.
                Some people have a burning desire to get their foot on the property ladder, but their hopes might be extinguished by a new credit crunch.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Some people have a burning desire to get their foot on the property ladder, but their hopes might be extinguished by a new credit crunch.

I'm out. Wouldn't want to get my fingers burnt..........
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I've been getting a few 'you have been selected for one of our credit card' letters again lately and others offering 0% balance transfers.

No more to see here. Normal service has been resumed.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X