• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Illegal) Things we did as kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Illegal) Things we did as kids

Although most (if not all) would not have joined in the looting over the past few days, many have a bit of a colourful background so I thought I'd start the ball rolling...

The local supermarket (think Woolies type of shop) where I grew up for some reason never stocked the square 9v batteries (PP9's I think they are called). So as a 10/11 year old my mate and I took it in turns about once a week in the school holidays to go a nick a load of 1.2v penlight batteries.

The other used to then return them to the shop under the guise of "my mum's radio uses the square ones, can I exchange please?" and then, as they didn't stock them, they refunded us the money for the ones we'd nicked.

Result - enough money for a few days on the old pinball machine at the local cafe!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Cycling without lights, police threatened to take me to court. (I was about 10yo).

Cycling on the pavement, stopped by police. (I was about 10yo).

Touching a girls bottom. (I was 5yo)

Asking a girl to remove her knickers while she was playing netball. (I was about 11yo and got into big time trouble for that).

Touching a girls breasts, girl did not mind but mother complained (I was 12yo).

Showing another boy my knob (I was about 9 yo). Homosexually was illegal then.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I once cheated in chess club by a moving a piece behind my opponents back.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When I was 4 I pinched a sweet from the pick and mix in the post office. I spent the next two years living in fear of the police coming for me.

I also mooned at passing cars at about the same time, but got a smack on the bum for that so new that I had been dealt justice.

4 years old was probably my most criminal year. For the next 10 years anyway...!

Comment

Using a washing line to tie two opposite door knockers together across the street, then knocking on both doors at once and running away.
          Slam...slam...slam. Hours of fun :-)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            When I was 4 I pinched a sweet from the pick and mix in the post office. I spent the next two years living in fear of the police coming for me.

I also mooned at passing cars at about the same time, but got a smack on the bum for that so new that I had been dealt justice.

4 years old was probably my most criminal year. For the next 10 years anyway...!
            Tart.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I once cheated in chess club by a moving a piece behind my opponents back.
              Did he turn around and find it?

or when you say 'piece' you mean a tall blonde with big knockers so it would put him off?
              Last edited by northernladuk; 11 August 2011, 18:22.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Way too many things I can think of here.

Comment

Nicking money from my sister's piggy bank to buy cigarettes
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Fiddling with old men when I was 5
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X