• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

threats from ebay buyer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

threats from ebay buyer

i sold something via ebay, but before the sale was complete. the buyer asked if i could sell the item privately and he offered a reasonable price.

we met and exchanged good for cash. Although he did remark on leaving he would be intouch for a refund if ncessary. item is some a holiday voucher with code giving buyer discount.

next day he emailed me saying what he got was not what he wanted and demands a refund. i replied explaining to him how ther voucher works and that he needs to make 1 booking to get another free. but he replied back with excuses and saying he was just after 1 booking hence its not worth it for him.

this man sent me a message of intimidation that he a brother. Then following day a message to say he has taken court action. Now he has sent me messages that he has contacted ebay who have advised he contact the police!

any advice welcome as this d&ck head is becoming annoying.

Originally posted by diesel View Post
    i sold something via ebay, but before the sale was complete. the buyer asked if i could sell the item privately and he offered a reasonable price.

we met and exchanged good for cash. Although he did remark on leaving he would be intouch for a refund if ncessary. item is some a holiday voucher with code giving buyer discount.

next day he emailed me saying what he got was not what he wanted and demands a refund. i replied explaining to him how ther voucher works and that he needs to make 1 booking to get another free. but he replied back with excuses and saying he was just after 1 booking hence its not worth it for him.

this man sent me a message of intimidation that he a brother. Then following day a message to say he has taken court action. Now he has sent me messages that he has contacted ebay who have advised he contact the police!

any advice welcome as this d&ck head is becoming annoying.
    Did you explain this clearly in the ebay sale? I mean very clearly?

If so it's his problem. He won't contact the police and he can't sue you and as long as he doesn't have your home details I would forget about it.

If you were a bit vague to the point of almost misleading I would say give him his money back..I wouldn't, just going on what the good thing to do would be
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yep. Tell him to f**k right off.

You say that you made the sale privately after he contacted you via Ebay. So I can assume you did not pay Ebay fees or as part of an Ebay contract.

This means he cannot chase you through Ebay and so is a private sale, and as a private sale it's buyer beware. So he can cry and bitch as much as he wants about Ebay, the police and whatever.

Tell him to go f**k himself and sell it on Ebay. He doesnt have your address does he, because you did it privately.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Yep. Tell him to f**k right off.

You say that you made the sale privately after he contacted you via Ebay. So I can assume you did not pay Ebay fees or as part of an Ebay contract.

This means he cannot chase you through Ebay and so is a private sale, and as a private sale it's buyer beware. So he can cry and bitch as much as he wants about Ebay, the police and whatever.

Tell him to go and sell it on Ebay.
        that is right sale was not done through ebay. He requested i take the item off sale straight away. As he lived only lived a few miles away thought it made sense to sell him directly at his offered price. He has not made any direct threats apart from claims court and police but try to intimidate me saying he has a brother

To be honest i would have ripped up the voucher which i got free with another item if i suspected so much hassle, although i knew i could have made a few pounds from ebay for it.

he claims i did not list on my ebay sale that one needs to spend £99 for first person to get a 2nd free booking. I listed it as a 241 offer which i thought was pretty self explanatory plus the company website details!

just really wanted some advice as i cant believe how much this person is hassling me through messages and now he tries calling my mobile for the sake of £50!

funny thing is sent left me a message asking me for my address so he can post me small claims court papers. i suspect from the area he is from that he is a benefit sucker so probably get his fees free.

Comment

that is right sale was not done through ebay. He requested i take the item off sale straight away. As he lived only lived a few miles away thought it made sense to sell him directly at his offered price. He has not made any direct threats apart from claims court and police but try to intimidate me saying he has a brother

To be honest i would have ripped up the voucher which i got free with another item if i suspected so much hassle, although i knew i could have made a few pounds from ebay for it.

he claims i did not list on my ebay sale that one needs to spend £99 for first person to get a 2nd free booking. I listed it as a 241 offer which i thought was pretty self explanatory plus the company website details!

just really wanted some advice as i cant believe how much this person is hassling me through messages and now he tries calling my mobile for the sake of £50!

funny thing is sent left me a message asking me for my address so he can post me small claims court papers. i suspect from the area he is from that he is a benefit sucker so probably get his fees free.
          So there you go. Nothing to do with Ebay, so therefore the advert it neither here nor there. The twat tried to save himself a few quid by going direct(which is against Ebay rules), so tough luck. He doesn't know where you live, so again, he can bugger off, so now it's just the hassle.

So tell him to go and sell it on Ebay - caveat empor. And if he does the brother thing again, tell him you're a card carrying member of the KKK, your brother is chief of police and also the head Elk of the local KKK and if he continues to hassle you you're make sure his photo is plastered all over the 'most wanted section' of the Sun newspaper by the end of the week.

Comment

So there you go. Nothing to do with Ebay, so therefore the advert it neither here nor there. The twat tried to save himself a few quid by going direct(which is against Ebay rules), so tough luck. He doesn't know where you live, so again, he can bugger off, so now it's just the hassle.

So tell him to go and sell it on Ebay - caveat empor. And if he does the brother thing again, tell him you're a card carrying member of the KKK, your brother is chief of police and also the head Elk of the local KKK and if he continues to hassle you you're make sure his photo is plastered all over the 'most wanted section' of the Sun newspaper by the end of the week.
            Where do the KKK keep the cards? They don't have pockets in those robes?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Where do the KKK keep the cards? They don't have pockets in those robes?
              I have a pocket on the inside of mine I find it's a good place to keep my.

Oh bugger.

Comment

Give him MF's address and leave them to it.

Nowt this loser can do. Ignore him and set up your next eBay scam.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Give him MF's address and leave them to it.

Nowt this loser can do. Ignore him and set up your next eBay scam.
                  or Mary Poppins

Any Street Corner
                  At the End of the Road
                  Near the Red Light

Comment

or Mary Poppins

Any Street Corner
                    At the End of the Road
                    Near the Red Light

...leaning into MF's car, telling him to stop stalking me.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X