• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too much of a good thing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much of a good thing?

I'm addicted to sun dried tomatoes. In fact, I like them so much that I eat 2 jars of them a day.

I just worked out that that is approximately 50 tomatoes! I know tomatoes are good for you.but do you think I'm overdone it?

P.S. It started after I quit a 40 per day smoking habit last year.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    I'm addicted to sun dried tomatoes. In fact, I like them so much that I eat 2 jars of them a day.

I just worked out that that is approximately 50 tomatoes! I know tomatoes are good for you.but do you think I'm overdone it?

Don't they have very high sodium levels? Checked your blood pressure lately?

Comment

Hypervitaminosis A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sounds a bit excessive, but you'll probably get sick of them after a week or so. It's not the tomatoes that you need to avoid, it's all the oil they're packed in.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

It started last year.
          Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          you'll probably get sick of them after a week or so.

Comment

Tell me about your stools.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mich the Tester;1376494]Tell me about your stools.

I'm not German

Comment

[QUOTE=pacharan;1376510]
                Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Tell me about your stools.

I'm not German
                No, but you might get diarrhoea from your diet.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Yeah, I did read that, OS. But from experience, if I have 'a bit of a run' on something, once I start to analyse/question it, that tends to signal that I've stopped enjoying it and signals the end of it.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Yeah, I did read that, OS. But from experience, if I have 'a bit of a run' on something, once I start to analyse/question it, that tends to signal that I've stopped enjoying it and signals the end of it.
                    exactly so. For example I started my strict regime of ten cans of fozzies a night, about 35 years ago, I have yet to start to analyse/question it, so therefore there is no signal that I've stopped enjoying it to signal the end of it

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X