• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting software - flat rate scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting software - flat rate scheme

Hi.

Browsing the net the other day I stumbled upon this company.
    Solar Accounts.

Has anybody used this software in anger?

I was interested as it works on a mac and also does flat rate vat correctly without any mickey mouse faffing about.

Link to the FAQ for frs vat.

Notes on the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT
    Last edited by JonSmile; 13 August 2011, 09:40.
    Twitter: jonsmile

You don't need any accounting software to work out FRS - I use a very simple spreddie that I created myself and each quarter takes me 15mins to populate and calculate what is owed.

Comment

I know you don't need software to do frs vat as I do mine on a piece of A4 and a calculator.

But as I do my own accounts I prefer to have dome accounting software. This makes it far easier to prepare year end accounts etc.

This piece of software looks like it firs the bill for preparing year end accounts and makes it easy to complete the double entry for frs vat. Most accounting software packages dont do frs vat so it means having to do a journal adjustment each quarter.
      Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Originally posted by JonSmile View Post
        I know you don't need software to do frs vat as I do mine on a piece of A4 and a calculator.

But as I do my own accounts I prefer to have dome accounting software. This makes it far easier to prepare year end accounts etc.

This piece of software looks like it firs the bill for preparing year end accounts and makes it easy to complete the double entry for frs vat. Most accounting software packages dont do frs vat so it means having to do a journal adjustment each quarter.
        Try it and see - is there a demo or evaluation copy you can get ?

Comment

Never used Solar, but this does flat rate VAT, works on a Mac, and is a lot cheaper.

DIY Tax Accounting Software, Payroll Software, Company Formation UK

I have used it and, once you get your head around it (following the good instructions), it's not bad.

It's only around £20 as well...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I also do my own accounts and I use FreeAgent to help me - which does the flat rate scheme and is suitable for a Mac as it is all online. I find it an excellent solution. You can try it for a month free. It's a bit more pricy than some of the other options discussed on here though.

(If you decide to buy it PM me and I'll give you a code which gives both of us 10% off...)
            Loopy Loo

Comment

Working...
            X