• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Holiday GetAway Ideas II - Verona

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Holiday GetAway Ideas II - Verona

Took the train yesterday afternoon to Verona from Munich, stunning scenery travelling through the alps.

Video > http://flic.kr/p/acwVB4

Last edited by scooterscot; 13 August 2011, 12:52.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It's opera season so if you haven't already booked a hotel then you may struggle.
    If you have a hotel then try and get to the opera.
    Don't bother eating in the piazza around the arena. Stand with the gated arch to your back and follow the city wall off to the right. There are some fantastic places to eat down there. Dont worry if they look empty, many have gardens out the back.

Edit: Re reap original. I see you are already there. Ignore hotel advice.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      It's opera season so if you haven't already booked a hotel then you may struggle.
      If you have a hotel then try and get to the opera.
      Don't bother eating in the piazza around the arena. Stand with the gated arch to your back and follow the city wall off to the right. There are some fantastic places to eat down there. Dont worry if they look empty, many have gardens out the back.

Edit: Re reap original. I see you are already there. Ignore hotel advice.

We leave the hotels for the tourists, self catering apartment is the way to go when in Italy. Walked past the Verona amphitheatre last night, sining was nice to listen too for a moment but a whole two hours, no sir.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        We leave the hotels for the tourists, self catering apartment is the way to go when in Italy. Walked past the Verona amphitheatre last night, sining was nice to listen too for a moment but a whole two hours, no sir.
        What sort of desperate tube posts on here when on Vacation?

Comment

gr8 stuff like the pictures
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffinch View Post
            F#¢k off
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              F#¢k off
              Apologies, are you ScooterScot too?

I'm confused !!

Comment

Apologies, are you ScooterScot too?

I'm confused !!
                People regularly post pics of their holidays on here while they are away. Although it's usually an attempt to make the rest of us feel pig sick being stuck in the office.

Tread carefully in General until you get used to the place, it's not noted for it's welcoming ambiance and genial atmosphere.
                Last edited by DaveB; 15 August 2011, 09:11.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  People regularly post pics of their holidays on here while they are away. Although it's usually an attempt to make the rest of us feel pig sick being stuck in the office.

Tread carefully in General until you get used to the place, it's not noted for it's welcoming ambiance and genial atmosphere.
                  Ok, fair enough, when I'm on my Jollies the last thing I'd do is go anywhere near a computer. Each to their own - just thought it weird.

As for this place! It's a playground compared to some of the sites I post on !

Comment

As for this place! It's a playground compared to some of the sites I post on !
                    There are one or two on here who may take up your challenge.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X