• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bolton, Bolton Top of the League!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolton, Bolton Top of the League!!

Won't last...

1-0 Cahill...

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Won't last...

1-0 Cahill...
    I remember people talking about Blackpool last season and look what happened to them.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I remember people talking about Blackpool last season and look what happened to them.
      Aye but we are Prem long servers, not Norwich or Swansea City, 2001 I think, plus we won the Cup in 1923. What a day that was, I lost me flat cap and came back bout whippet...

Comment

4-0!! I think Champs League now is well within our grasp even at this slightly early stage. After that, World Domination and exploration of interplanetary solar systems...

Warnock kicking off last minute cos one of his boys was rightly sent off. Loves a moan does that bloke.

That's QPR 0-4 Bolton Wanderers (founder members of the football league)

stek, Sky Spurts, signing off with a beer cos the family are out at Harry Potter and I can watch Match of the Day tonight almost certain we won't be last on with 30 secs of highlights. That will be Fulham - Villa...

Comment

Aye but we are Prem long servers, not Norwich or Swansea City, 2001 I think, plus we won the Cup in 1923. What a day that was, I lost me flat cap and came back bout whippet...
          And from my hazy memory, 1926, 1929 and 1958 with the Lion of Vienna and all that.

To say nothing of Bolton playing their part in the most memorable cup final of all time...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            And from my hazy memory, 1926, 1929 and 1958 with the Lion of Vienna and all that.

To say nothing of Bolton playing their part in the most memorable cup final of all time...
            1953. We don't talk about in Bolton, we was down to nine men, no subs them days, Ernie Bell was limping on't left wing carrying his dismembered leg.

And Mortensen never got a hat trick, one was an OG...

Ah, the Lion of Vienna, Nat Lofthouse, I met him and he signed my copy of his biography, 'Goals Galore' - how very Boys Own for a title! Really nice fella, no air and graces, glad I met him.

Let's not forget the 1904 and 1894 finals too, lost both....

Anyone aware of the events circa 1946 Burnden Park? There's no money-making books about it like there are about Munich etc. Football got Tannoys out of it...

My late Father was there, I still go cold when I see the pics and as I remember him regaling the story, RIP Dad...

Comment

Hang on, has football started already?!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

1953. We don't talk about in Bolton, we was down to nine men, no subs them days, Ernie Bell was limping on't left wing carrying his dismembered leg.

And Mortensen never got a hat trick, one was an OG...

Ah, the Lion of Vienna, Nat Lofthouse, I met him and he signed my copy of his biography, 'Goals Galore' - how very Boys Own for a title! Really nice fella, no air and graces, glad I met him.

Let's not forget the 1904 and 1894 finals too, lost both....

Anyone aware of the events circa 1946 Burnden Park? There's no money-making books about it like there are about Munich etc. Football got Tannoys out of it...

My late Father was there, I still go cold when I see the pics and as I remember him regaling the story, RIP Dad...
                I'd forgotten about 1946.

Well, if Bolton lost the most memorable FA Cup Final of all time, at least they won the second-most memorable, 1923.

Comment

Won't last...

1-0 Cahill...
                  Might last. After all, they have a Celtic fan as manager!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Might last. After all, they have a Celtic fan as manager!

Seen the SPL table recently Shauny
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X