• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crap riot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap riot

This story doesn't seem to have made it onto here yet:

Small town gang cause bemusement at Tesco Express

The comments are most amusing.

“There was a riot in our village last week.
    Well, when I say riot it was more like a few people being unruly and shouting
    Well, when I say unruly I mean just shouting a bit
    Well, when I say shouting a bit I mean singing loudly
    Well, when I say loudly I meean tunefully.

Anyway the upshot is the vicar has apologised to the WI and choir practice has been postponed until everything calms down.”

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Crap riot

Comment

Couple of days back I mentioned watching program on problems in suburbs of Paris, how rather repressive tactics of numerous armed police and frequent stop and search didn't seem to work.

Last night there was a program on drug gangs in Sao Paulo (near Rio). Apparently 1 in 23 arrests or attempted arrests results in the perpetrator being shot dead. That doesn't seem to do work either. Just shows that very simplistic solutions from the right are no better than the very simplistic solutions from the left.

Although I suppose if the rate was 1 in 1 it would work, just as giving every criminal a million pounds to spend would probably work. Maybe we are not right/left enough.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This link is rather good:

Destroying the High Street is our job, Tesco warn rioters

Tesco have slammed the recent violent disorder that has raged around England by warning rioters that they will not relinquish their monopoly on destroying High Street shops without a fight.

The Supermarket behemoth, which has been decimating shops on the High Street for a number of years, is believed to be worried about the speed and efficiency with which rioters and looters forced the closure of a number of stores around the country.

“Making the area look ugly and striking fear into the hearts of local shopkeepers is something that we pride ourselves on,” revealed a Tesco spokesperson.

“We’ve spent a great deal of time and money expanding our business and forcing the closure of smaller retailers, and we will not tolerate any attempt to undermine our superiority in this area.”
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X