• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a funny turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a funny turn

Went with the wife to local garden centre this afternoon.

Overdid the Yankee Candle sniffing and came over all faint.

Manager let me recuperate on a nice. wicker conservatory corner unit until I came back to my senses.

Also sent us home with a complimentary Jack Hargreaves Out Of Town dvd as a gesture of goodwill.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Went with the wife to local garden centre this afternoon.

Manager let me recuperate on a nice. wicker conservatory corner unit until I came back to my senses.

Also sent us home with a complimentary Jack Hargreaves Out Of Town dvd as a gesture of goodwill.
    Top bloke Jack Hargreaves. And had an interesting life as well.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      WLS.

Met him a couple of times when he was at Southern TV. I was never interested in fishing and the countryside etc but Jack made his programs so cleverly that everyone seemed to be interest in them. He looked a lot younger off screen.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh man up, FFS!
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Is "Yankee candle sniffing" a euphemism?

Were you in the paint section sniffing turps?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Is "Yankee candle sniffing" a euphemism?
            It reads like a crossword cryptic clue:

Hate to think what the real meaning is though
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              How !
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Somebody has set up a website dedicated to the great
                man:

Link

Can't help wondering if he's a regular from these pages:

This site is dedicated to the memory of the late but great Jack Hargreaves, a man who had a major influence on me as a child. Primarily through appearances on his Southern TV shows, Gone Fishing, Out Of Town and HOW!, Jack showed me a gentle way of life that I am still struggling to achieve to this day. I work in the hectic world of freelance information technology, I don't hunt, I don't shoot, and I don't ride, but I do fish, turn & work wood, brew ale, have trained dogs (and plan to do so again), and most importantly, I have a rapidly greying beard! So I'm getting there!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  WLS.

Met him a couple of times when he was at Southern TV. I was never interested in fishing and the countryside etc but Jack made his programs so cleverly that everyone seemed to be interest in them. He looked a lot younger off screen.
                  The missus was born in Romsey and met him a couple of times at country fairs etc when she was growing up. A thoroughly charming chap by all accounts.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X