• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Starkey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Starkey

Is there no end to this idiot's pathetic self-publicity and ignorance?

Starkey is part of the problem, not the solution.

Sminkyl

Rivers of Blood.....
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I thought he was attempting to make a valid point and got shouted down by a couple of PC idiots.

As much of some of what he said was valid he got the delivery wrong.

Was he correct to say that 'White youngsters are attempting to be black' Yes he was. But what exactly does that mean?? Bling, rep culture? Dianne Abbot had been on a couple of days earlier blaming bling culture that many black youths followed, but does that make it a 'black' culture???

Innit.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Piers Morgan called him a "racist idiot".

Doubt he's actually racist but one can imagine him as being the one who got thrown in the nettle patch outside the school gates.

Did you hear what he said? He pronounces the h in nihilistic ffs!

Comment

I get the impression he wanted to say something intelligent but said it in such a clumsy way it came out as something completely stupid.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            Piers Morgan called him a "racist idiot".

Doubt he's actually racist but one can imagine him as being the one who got thrown in the nettle patch outside the school gates.

Did you hear what he said? He pronounces the h in nihilistic ffs!
            The problem was he was making wild generalisations which you just can't do these days. A lot of old poofs do that though.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Khristian Marcus, who described himself as a “black Londoner” in a “normal job”, said Afro-Caribbean children suffered a lack of discipline due to large numbers of absent fathers and mothers left unable to cope.

He wrote: “What I have seen over the last couple of days and known for a while is we as the black 'community’ have major fault lines running through our family structure, and we are now and have been for the longest time, seeing the manifestation of this.”
              This is my experience with the African community that I have met.

As for Starkey, I think he got it wrong and he said it wrong. Its not about black culture. Its about demolition of the family structure, a "leave to the state" to discipline the kids attitude, gangs and peer pressure to have bling, and a car with a propellor on the bonnet. Well that's my humble opinion anyway. I could be wrong.

Could I also chuck in the feeling that we're governed by a bunch of Eton elite posh boys who simply are looking for a golden parachute when they're done?

Perhaps after the royal commission something will come out.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                This is my experience with the African community that I have met.

As for Starkey, I think he got it wrong and he said it wrong. Its not about black culture. Its about demolition of the family structure, a "leave to the state" to discipline the kids attitude, gangs and peer pressure to have bling, and a car with a propellor on the bonnet. Well that's my humble opinion anyway. I could be wrong.

Could I also chuck in the feeling that we're governed by a bunch of Eton elite posh boys who simply are looking for a golden parachute when they're done?

Perhaps after the royal commission something will come out.
                Do you mean African or Afro-Carribean? Most West African mini-cab drivers I chat to (and it's been a while) seem to see a big gap between Londoners of West African descent and those of Carribean descent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I get the impression he wanted to say something intelligent but said it in such a clumsy way it came out as something completely stupid.
                  Cupid stunt.

"The problem was he was making wild generalisations which you just can't do these days. A lot of old poofs do that though"

V.good, subtle, but good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Do you mean African or Afro-Carribean? Most West African mini-cab drivers I chat to (and it's been a while) seem to see a big gap between Londoners of West African descent and those of Carribean descent.
                    True, while the West African have the same problem on absent fathers - I haven't seen their youth (in my experience) involved in crime. My only experience with Afro-Carribean is with Jamaican youth in Canada where there is a huge problem with crime. So much so that the govt. has been deporting the convicts back to Jamaica for a couple of decades now - the one's who are not citizens of course.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X