• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow to be redeveloped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasgow to be redeveloped

Parts of Glasgow are being turned into war-torn ruins for the next two weeks as filming for a new Hollywood blockbuster gets under way.
    It seems they were attracted to the city by the huge savings that could be made if they didn't need to pay for make up and costumes for the extras.

An open casting was held last month to recruit local people to star as zombie extras.
    BBC News - Filming starts in Glasgow for Brad Pitt zombie movie
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Might take a wee walk along at lunch time and see what is what.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Might take a wee walk along at lunch time and see what is what.
      There were a few scenes of this shot outside a place I was working, one of my colleagues got a lovely bollocking from a bloke with a loud hailer after marching right through the middle of a shot to get to the sandwich shop
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My mate works on the films, I can't remember if it was Rob Roy or Braveheart but the director was going tonto as anytime he turned his back another 50 extras would run off to the pub. Someone had to be sent round the local boozers which were packed hairy men in highland costume.

Comment

I'm getting sick of all these zombie/virus/alien movies promising some excitement to the human race.

In the last 10 years we've had:

28 Days Later... (2002) - IMDb
          Dawn of the Dead (2004) - IMDb
          Diary of the Dead (2007) - IMDb
          Doomsday (2008) - IMDb
          Doghouse (2009) - IMDb
          The Road (2009) - IMDb
          The Book of Eli (2010) - IMDb
          Zombieland (2009) - IMDb
          Shaun of the Dead (2004) - IMDb
          Dead Set (TV mini-series 2008) - IMDb
          Battle: Los Angeles (2011) - IMDb
          Skyline (2010) - IMDb
          Monsters (2010) - IMDb
          District 9 (2009) - IMDb

And those are just the ones off the top of my head. There's probably another 50 I've failed to mention.

Yet, despite all these promises we're left with the drudgery of working, crap TV, a few weeks holiday a year, taxes on tax, false wars on crime/terror/climate/[whatever else the govermin can dream up].

Maybe the anarchy of recent weeks was a missed opportunity to fast forward to the promised land. Instead we have the slow decline of western civilisation to endure, even if the end result will be much the same.

Where are the aliens, zombies, mad chemists? We need saving from ourselves. I have a stockpile of tinfoil hats I'm trying to sell.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

BBC News - Filming starts in Glasgow for Brad Pitt zombie movie

It seems they were attracted to the city by the huge savings that could be made if they didn't need to pay for make up and costumes for the extras.
            or acting

Blackadder: You'll need to play dead.

Och aye, now that I can do!

Blackadder: Well there may not be much acting required
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Lots of people putting up American style traffic lights, no zombies to report yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                I'm getting sick of all these zombie/virus/alien movies promising some excitement to the human race.

Doomsday (2008) - IMDb
                That film was meant to be set in George square (where they are filming now) but I think they used a mock up, not like Brad who can walk in with his 50 Cambodian kids and shut off streets for 2 weeks.

Comment

Should just have filmed it in Tottenham. Would have saved a fortune on set prices. And now sasguru is back from boring the lederhosen of his german penfriend, they have their first zombie extra too.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Headed over to George Square, actually met Brad and he introduced me to his wife, Angelina, after a few drinks she was all over me, wanted to leave him for me....what should I do?

Comment

Working...
                    X