• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pride, Passion, Belief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pride, Passion, Belief

I've been made a team lead!! I'm so proud - my feet have scarcely touched the ground since hearing the news on Friday.

As such, I have taken on a whole raft of new responsibilities including being tasked with the introduction of some motivational activities.

I've been thinking about this over the course of the weekend and I've decided it would be fun to introduce a Monday morning team huddle.

Not sure exactly what to say but something along the lines of:

GB: we're all gonna write some killer code this week
    GB: we're gonna zap all those bugs
    GB: we're gonna cream those release notes
    GB: we're gonna ace those test cycles
    GB: and we're gonna do it with PRIDE, PASSION, BELIEF

all: PRIDE, PASSION, BELIEF! (at which point we shall all leap into the air with a whoop before repairing to our desks).

Has anyone done this kind of thing before? What did your team mates think of it? Did it reinforce a team mentality?

Q exit of key staff.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Erm, it's an IT project, not Agincourt.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

2/10 Must try harder.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
        X