• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the point of it all?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point of it all?

I mean, you get up earlier and earlier to avoid the other cretins on the road just to get to yet another dull client site and sit bored all day, listening to pathetic ladder-climbing permies.

All for a rate that's less than you were getting 6 years ago just to keep the ungrateful buggers happy at home.

Remember when you were a kid and all you had to worry about was whether you needed a coat when you left the house? All long gone now my friend. This is as good as it gets until you are 70. Then you can look forward to being bullied by fat slags in a nursing home as you p1ss yourself.

What is the point eh?

Put like that, Shim me old mucker, none at all.
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I am rather looking forward to the being bullied by fat slags while I p1ss myself bit.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ecclesiastes

1 All Is Vanity

2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

3 What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.

6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

8 All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
        If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

cheer up Shim,

it's not that bad

work on your plan b, enjoy your family

look forward to retiring from contracting

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105

What is the point eh?

Well, as Dorothy Parker wrote....

Razors pain you, Rivers are damp,
            Acids stain you, And drugs cause cramp.
            Guns aren't lawful, Nooses give,
            Gas smells awful. You might as well live.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Give not over thy soul to sorrow; and afflict not thyself in thy own counsel.

Gladness of heart is the life of man and the joyfulness of man is length of days.

Ecclesiastes
              If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Give me the strength to accept that which I cannot change

Daleks 1.1.2

Comment

Ah, but that be-eth the point!

All is not doom and gloom unless you do something about it.

Just don't expect earning £1500 a week to sort out all your problems, nay this in itself is the problem.

Go forward and run cycling holidays in the South of France is the message on the wind....

Comment

...or even...

Now maybe you're scared of jumpin'
                    'N poison makes you sick
                    'N you want a little attention
                    'N you need it pretty quick
                    Don't wanna mess your face up
                    Or we won't know if it's you
                    Aw there's just so much to worry about
                    Now what you gonna do?

Go ahead on 'n get it over with then
                    Find you a bridge 'n take a jump