• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Directive on Holiday Pay!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Directive on Holiday Pay!

"Rolled up Holiday pay not legal!"

EU Directive
    Please discuss!

Originally posted by Phoenix
    "Rolled up Holiday pay not legal!"

EU Directive
    Please discuss!

Do you buy the Guardian?

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
      Do you buy the Guardian?

I would encorage you to check other sources.

Just inviting discussion on how this may effect some of our "Umbrella" Contracting Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
        I would encorage you to check other sources.

Just inviting discussion on how this may effect some of our "Umbrella" Contracting Cousins
        Got an email from Giant last week. Not an issue AFAIAC.

Comment

I just can't believe that employee's requested this....The only people that gain is the Umbrella....It improves there cashflow no end

Comment

well my plan 'e' may be to start an unbrella company - If I can then hold back say 8% of a contractors pay for 'holiday' think of the interst I'd make in just a few short months with just a few clients....
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
              well my plan 'e' may be to start an unbrella company - If I can then hold back say 8% of a contractors pay for 'holiday' think of the interst I'd make in just a few short months with just a few clients....
              Especially if contractual obligations meant they couldn't take holiday in that year and they were only allowed to carry forward 5 days to the next year.

If its good enough for a real company then surely its good enough for an umbrella.

Comment

The contractor would be able to use his own money a lot more usefully, than the Umbrela!! It's just being downright lazy, and complaining that they have spent all thier money and can't go on Holiday!!

Comment

Working...
                X