• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's official; arseholes earn more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official; arseholes earn more

linky

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Written by a jealous nerd.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Arseholes get things done and drive through change. "Nice" (read weak) people accept the status quo and drift along.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Arseholes get things done and drive through change. "Nice" (read weak) people accept the status quo and drift along.
        Howdy drifter?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Howdy drifter?

Howdy virginal renter.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is interesting that the adjunct analysis in Study 2 found that agreeable people were less likely to ever have been fired from a job, which is generally a negative event in terms of pay. It may be that disagreeable people are better able to turn job loss into an advantage by using it as an opportunity to find a job with more advancement opportunities or to negotiate for better pay their next position. The fact that unemployment spells did not differ by agreeableness also suggests that disagreeable people somehow compensate for being fired more often.
            Sums up part of my reasons for contracting. More chances to negotiate (or in some cases almost dictate) my pay and terms
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Bono's net worth is $900m, case proven!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sometimes other people push you into behaviour you would otherwise not think you are capable of and I have had my moments.

I just give off the 'I don't give a shit:' look now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Are you a permy?

In the permisphere, there was always an inverse law that stated the less talented then the higher you would climb.

Take for instance some namby pamby investors in people washout mob. The boss has worked there since he was 16, and been promoted out of the way so many times he now is nearly at director level.

That said, if you want to succeed, you do need a bit of the **** about you. At least this is what most people have told me over the years.

This is why I am happy to be contracting. No ladders to climb, no one to try and pull you back.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                  X