• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swindon

I have a possibility of a role in Swindon (at a large building society) and am thinking of staying there Monday to Friday.

Anyone know any nice places to stay? Anyone have any pointers on things to do there?

I note with interest that there's a part of town called the Front Lawn. Was wondering if it is worth taking the Atco along. Any advice would be most welcome.

This website is all you need

The Seven Wonders of Swindon

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      I have a possibility of a role in Swindon (at a large building society) and am thinking of staying there Monday to Friday.

Anyone know any nice places to stay? Anyone have any pointers on things to do there?

I note with interest that there's a part of town called the Front Lawn. Was wondering if it is worth taking the Atco along. Any advice would be most welcome.
      There are no nice places in Swindon.

Hope that helps. (I used to work for the same place - fantastic firm and people, but a terrible town!)

Wootton Bassett 3 miles away is quite nice though - far enough away, but clode enough for a taxi home. Do you have a car, or are you walking?

House share or B&B? Goddard Arms was okay in my day - central in Old Town, they may be negotiable for rates.....

Avoid West Swindon - danger of death, or at least getting hassled by hoodies is too great......

Comment

Place to stay: Bristol

Things to do: find another contract

Comment

If you are going to stay in Swindon, I'd recommend either a place in the old town, or rent a house in Broome Manor.

It will be quite a shock to the system I suspect. The chavs look far more vicious than they actually are, but there are sooooooooooooooooo many of them.

Prepare to be bored rigid, Swindon is really just a place for those on benefits to breed at an alarming rate without getting in the way of the posh people that live in the small towns and villages outside.

Wootton Bassett is not as nice as you might think, plenty of low lifes there I'm afraid.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Is an Atco some kind of tent?

Comment

Nationwide?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Atco - surely some kind of Trade Union ?

Anwway - you could always visit the famed birth place of Billy Piper - I''m pretty sure DP will know the location.

Swindon - a Good Place to get Something Done.
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 August 2011, 14:59.

Comment

I have a possibility of a role in Swindon (at a large building society)
                  Swindon Building Society?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X