• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uganda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uganda

Off to Uganda over Xmas and New Year. Anyone been before?

Looking for ideas on what trips to do, going to nip down to Bwindi and do the 'gorrillas in the mist' thing. Thinking about heading off to Ngamba island and hanging with the chimps (prior experience what with having to deal with AssG on here).

Anyone else been and got any other good spots?
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Admittedly I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to travel, but ..

Uganda? What on _Earth_ do you want to there for?!

You'll be lucky to get out alive.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Admittedly I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to travel, but ..

Uganda? What on _Earth_ do you want to there for?!

You'll be lucky to get out alive.
      Not at all, as long as you stay away from the NE. The people are pleasant enough.

Going out to see the animals my man. You can get the big 5 out there (rhinos is the tricky one) as well as getting down with the primates.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        You can get the big 5 out there (rhinos is the tricky one) as well as getting down with the primates.
        Would you not be cheaper just doing that in the Copland Road End?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Rather the primates than the grunting Neanderthals out in the 'East End'.

Last edited by Incognito; 17 August 2011, 17:54.

Comment

The phrase that pays!

Hasa Diga Ebowai
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Get your injections in early. Some suggestions, but ask your local tropical diseases clinic

I left it a bit late and realised the true meaning of "pain in the bum" on the flight out.
                Last edited by Sysman; 18 August 2011, 07:36. Reason: fixed url
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Off to Uganda over Xmas and New Year. Anyone been before?

Looking for ideas on what trips to do, going to nip down to Bwindi and do the 'gorrillas in the mist' thing. Thinking about heading off to Ngamba island and hanging with the chimps (prior experience what with having to deal with AssG on here).

Anyone else been and got any other good spots?
                  Have heard that if you want to get on with the locals, in the same way as you would call people 'mate' in a pub, you should refer to them as 'mugu'.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Thinking about heading off to Ngamba island and hanging with the chimps
                    <David Bellamy mode>
                    And here we have an amazing phenomenon. A newcomer seems to have arrived in the chimp population. Watch the ugly specimen gurn and wink with a big grin on his face. Since his arrival primate researchers have noticed a huge fall in the IQ of the chimp population. Remarkable!
                    </David Bellamy mode>
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X