• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say what you like about the French

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what you like about the French

Seriously, the racists amongst us would say they smell of garlic, the girls have hairy pits and they all wee in the street.

Well, I am pleased to announce this is not so, and to dispell the myth ....

Link

One of France's best-known actors, Gerard Depardieu, has enraged fellow plane passengers after relieving himself in the middle of the aisle on an Air France flight.

A passenger on the flight told French radio station Europe 1: "You could see that he had been drinking, but there were no comments. The hostess was shocked but there was no argument, nothing."

The plane was preparing for take-off when Depardieu (star of ‘Green Card’ and the Asterix series) reportedly tried to get out of his seat to go to the toilet. When he was refused access to the bathroom and told to sit down, he urinated in the aisle in front of shocked passengers.
    Conclusive evidence, oui?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Did he shrug, pucker his lips and smell of garlic though?

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
      Weeing in the aisle is preferable to weeing on another passenger.
      That's just taking the piss!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
        Weeing in the aisle is preferable to weeing on another passenger.

US skiing team dismisses Robert Vietze for urination incident on plane | Sport | guardian.co.uk
        Sure, but if you are in an aisle seat (and taking splashback into account) there may not be much difference. On the plus side you'll be a cert for an upgrade on your next flight.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Paula Radcliffe's record takes some beating. Not only dropping her pants in the street, but had it televised all over the world, and it was a no.2. Although she later said it was more of a 1.5.

Comment

Re PR. I was very disappointed we never really saw anything. Where are the glass coffee tables with no glass when you need them?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X