• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low maintenance sports/luxury cars?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low maintenance sports/luxury cars?

Ok so I have my eye on one of those cheap second hand Porsche Boxters... Or even an Aston Martin Vantage...

Are any 5-10 year old sports cars known to be cheaper to maintain than others? Or am I just submitting myself to a world of pain?
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Wrong, thread - ask your questions here.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
      Ok so I have my eye on one of those cheap second hand Porsche Boxters... Or even an Aston Martin Vantage...

Are any 5-10 year old sports cars known to be cheaper to maintain than others? Or am I just submitting myself to a world of pain?
      How much do you want to spend...

a) to purchase the car?

b)to insure and maintain said vehicle?

Comment

My understanding is that the Porsche Boxster is quite expensive to maintain due to:

1. Porsche parts and labour costs
        2. Car being mid-engined, meaning servicing jobs take longer that a front engined car

All Aston Martins are going to cost the earth to service.

If you want cheap to run, why not join a supercar club instead? Fixed pricing, no depreciation or maintenance nightmares.

e.g. CLUBGT Performance and Supercar Hire Club : Membership

Comment

Go for a Nissan 350Z, NorthernLadUK will be along shortly to confirm.

Sports/Luxury and Cheap very rarely go together in the same sentence, I'd stick to your Fiesta if you're that worried.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

If you think a Boxster is expensive to maintain, you need to set your sights lower.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Have a read of this, particularly the associated comments.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post

Get yourself an MX-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  If you think a Boxster is expensive to maintain, you need to set your sights lower.
                  Relative to its peers.

A Boxster is cheap as chips compared to an Aston, but compared to it's main rivals (cars like the Honda S2000, BMW Z4, Nissan 350Z, etc) are cheaper to run.

So what I'm saying is you don't choose a Boxster against its rivals as being cheap to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Get yourself an MX-5.
                    Or better yet, an S2000 (just don't buy an 09).
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X