• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merkel/Sarkozy demand £13B UK tax to prop up the Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merkel/Sarkozy demand £13B UK tax to prop up the Euro

How's about that then?

Sarkozy and Merkel plot £13bn tax raid on the UK to save euro | Mail Online

Can't we just say "mañana" while we sort out our own problems then hope it all sorts itself out in the mean time?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

It won't happen.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The UK should propose a Bratwurst and Camembert Tax.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Good idea especially as it hits mainly the City....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Transaction tax is a good idea - it will remove High Frequency Trades and generally make people invest longer term because buy/sell would cost too much.

If you are not sure then don't buy it (c) me.

Comment

Yeah a transaction tax is a god idea.

So is an email tax, and a forum post tax.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Yeah a transaction tax is a god idea.
              So is an email tax, and a forum post tax.
              Tax on emails would decrease them and tax on forum posts would reduce them, what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Tax on emails would decrease them and tax on forum posts would reduce them, what's not to like?
                Exactly. It was a rare moment when I wasn't being sarcastic. Enjoy it while it lasted.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  How's about that then?

Sarkozy and Merkel plot £13bn tax raid on the UK to save euro | Mail Online

Can't we just say "mañana" while we sort out our own problems then hope it all sorts itself out in the mean time?
                  I predict a riot.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The ‘Tobin tax’ would disproportionately hit the City of London, which accounts for about 70 per cent of the financial services industry in Europe.

Its not the UK - its the City Of London - The Crown - a different kettle of fish.

They can afford it all right - good call from Berlin.

Comment

Working...
                    X