• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The King's Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The King's Speech

Is this the dullest film plot ever; "Man has stammer, man overcomes stammer" ?

The vegetarian option.

Funnily enough, watched it last night.

Pretty much sums it up, no sub plots, interesting characters or twists, just as you say, man stammers, man overcomes stammer.

Incredible yawnfest!

Comment

Complete load of Sh-Sh-Sh-Sh-Sh-Tulip !!
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Chick flick.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Funnily enough, watched it last night.

Pretty much sums it up, no sub plots, interesting characters or twists, just as you say, man stammers, man overcomes stammer.

Incredible yawnfest!
          I watched it last night too. I'd been putting it off for a while and finally succumbed to a double pronged attack from Mrs. W and W junior. A waste of two hours.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I found it to be a delightful look at a relationship between two men from different ends of the social spectrum. Though it was a little over done.
            It also gave a revealing glimpse into the trials and tribulations of being a Royal, though again somewhat twisted.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              I found it to be a delightful look at a relationship between two men from different ends of the social spectrum. Though it was a little over done..
              We've got CUK for that! What, what.

Comment

Fantastic film. Thoroughly enjoyed it and those that know their history will know that the sound bites were woven into the plot expertly.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Chick flick
                  Thinks that sums it up, like Mama Mia. REAL MEN only like things with chainsawing zombies in.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Thinks that sums it up, like Mama Mia. REAL MEN only like things with chainsawing zombies in.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X