• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood curdling doom on the Stock Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood curdling doom on the Stock Market

Bloomberg - Business & Financial News, Breaking News Headlines

Stocks crashing.....big time
    I'm alright Jack

Doomed etc.

I didn't really want a pension anyway.

Comment

Yep, fear causing fear again.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Drop in price of shares affects those who invest into them (negatively).

Drop in price of oil and other commoddities is good for everyone else.

HTH

Comment

Morgan Stanley said this morning they fear a recession, ergo, lots of people start flogging off shares ergo share prices drop ergo recession etc etc etc. Is this long line of self fulfilling prophecies really the best way mankind can find to manage money and investments?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Morgan Stanley said this morning they fear a recession, ergo, lots of people start flogging off shares ergo share prices drop ergo recession etc etc etc. Is this long line of self fulfilling prophecies really the best way mankind can find to manage money and investments?
            And yet the brokers still make their commission, whether buying or selling...

Comment

I saw this one coming a mile off. I watch Forex Factory Calendar Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory and it's been one piece of bad news after another.

Luckily for me I've been shorting the FTSE100 and the SP500 etc.

So I'm ing all the way to the bank as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                And yet the brokers still make their commission, whether buying or selling...
                Are we witnessing the collapse of the biggest pyramid scheme in history?

Comment

Stock market is not a pyramid.

State pension system on the other hand ...

Comment

Bloody hope so.

Btw, Gold is above $1800...

Comment

Working...
                    X