• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrr

Just discovered I lost at interview because "you know too much and we feel you would get bored." The bugger off bit was left unsaid.

How on earth do you demonstrate that you know enough to get the job while displaying the confidence a contractor needs without scaring the blooming manager?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

It was the last trick question.

You would have gotten it if you had answered: "Clearly I did not know enough to pass the interview and get this job".

1/10

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just discovered I lost at interview because "you know too much and we feel you would get bored." The bugger off bit was left unsaid.

How on earth do you demonstrate that you know enough to get the job while displaying the confidence a contractor needs without scaring the blooming manager?
      Don't know, 25 years contracting and never failed a face to face interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Don't know, 25 years contracting and never failed a face to face interview.
        I've not failed in years. Whats annoying about this one is that I could easily have answered the question if they'd ask (the rate offered was 20% above the market rate).
        Last edited by eek; 18 August 2011, 17:03.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've not failed in years. Whats annoying about this one is that I could easily have answered the question if they'd ask (the rate offered was 20% above the market rate).
          Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get ready for the next interview, it's just around the corner.

On that note I had an interview last week where I was asked the question "Ok, we know what you're good at now tell us what you're not so good at...?"

My answer "As a contractor I can't afford not to be good at most things. However I'm not very diplomatic but I am working on that." went down quite well.

Good luck with your hunt.

Comment

When it's an agency asking me a technical question I usually reply: "I dunno but I like beer!"
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              On that note I had an interview last week where I was asked the question "Ok, we know what you're good at now tell us what you're not so good at...?"

My answer "As a contractor I can't afford not to be good at most things. However I'm not very diplomatic but I am working on that. Now if you're done asking me stupid fooking questions, I have a train to catch dickhead!!"

went down quite well.

Good luck with your hunt.
              FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Lucky escape my friend. They are clearly s

They read your CV before inviting to interview so know what you know and how good you are. Time wasters.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Lucky escape my friend. They are clearly s

They read your CV before inviting to interview so know what you know and how good you are. Time wasters.
                  WSuityS

Move on and best of luck with the next one.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Means: "You are too expensive, we've hired a chimp for £10/hr, fingers crossed".

Comment

Working...
                    X