• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists warn of a potential alien invasion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientists warn of a potential alien invasion

NASA scientists warn of Alien invasion:

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists | Science | The Guardian

Green" aliens might object to the environmental damage humans have caused on Earth and wipe us out to save the planet.
    Looks like man has now become a threat to the entire galaxy. If CO2 emissions go on it could start a runaway galatic warming. This will not go down well with the Galatic Federation.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 August 2011, 04:50.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like man has now become a threat to the entire galaxy. If CO2 emissions go on it could start a runaway galatic warming. This will not go down well with the Galatic Federation.
    Isn't that the plot for The Day The Earth Stood Still (The new version anyway?)
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

A bloke and his son saw a flying saucer in our local town the other day. There was another a few months back. Hope they don't invade here first, they should start up North.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Of course any Alien civilisation, capable of crossing the huge distances of space would also, more than likely, be capable of solving our enviromental issues without wiping out the human race.
        That is of course if the NIMBY's allow them to set up their terraforming towers within the parish boundaries.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          A bloke and his son saw a flying saucer in our local town the other day. There was another a few months back. Hope they don't invade here first, they should start up North.
          I hope they start up north too, you southerns would just roll over and give them all British passports
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            NASA scientists warn of Alien invasion:

Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists | Science | The Guardian

It'll make a change from all that bloody financial news every day and might give some people a sense of proportion. Mind you, if that Ejaculatajökull volcano failed to do that, I'm afraid nothing will.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Of course any Alien civilisation, capable of crossing the huge distances of space would also, more than likely, be capable of solving our enviromental issues without wiping out the human race.

Even more likely is that even if they spot us they won't care.

If there are more galaxies in the universe than there are grains of sand on a beach, what are the chances that an alien sat at one end of the beach will give a damn about a grain of sand infested with an ape-like virus at the other end of the beach?
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Nah they are more likely to destroy Earth in order to facilitate an intergalactic highway construction project.

[/QUOTE]
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  True, but it might be cheaper to wipe out all humans instead.

HTH

Comment

Some of the other possibilities seemed much more likely, particularly:
                    "They might invite humanity to join the 'Galactic Club' only for the entry requirements to be too bureaucratic and tedious for humans to bother with."

Comment

Working...
                    X