• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Stockholm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Stockholm

I'm considering a 6m banking gig in Stockholm. I've never even been there.

Anybody got any experience of living and working in Stockholm- they are willing to pass on?

AussieLong you know if you don't want people to take the piss out of you, you should post this in "Business/Contracts" not in "General".

You can also do a search for "Sweden" or "Stockholm".
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      I'm considering a 6m banking gig in Stockholm. I've never even been there.

Anybody got any experience of living and working in Stockholm- they are willing to pass on?
      They always seem to look for people going into the winter, so I have never gone too cold for me. Sorry I can't be of any help.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Suspect you'll need a Work Permit or visa if not an EU Citizen...

Comment

Two words: Stockholm Syndrome

Great if you want a secure contract without worry of early termination.

Not so great if the contract turns out to be wearing a gimp suit in someone's cellar. Always read the small print.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Two words: Stockholm Syndrome

Great if you want a secure contract without worry of early termination.

Not so great if the contract turns out to be wearing a gimp suit in someone's cellar. Always read the small print.

Sent from my Blackberry, from a cellar in Stockholm whilst wearing a gimp suit!

FTFY.

Comment

As stated above somewhere. Stockholm in the winter is most likely teeth crackingly cold.

if you are ok with that then go for it.

it is quite a nice town.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

It's a cool place, with more blondes per capita than anywhere else I've been...
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  As stated above somewhere. Stockholm in the winter is most likely teeth crackingly cold.

if you are ok with that then go for it.

it is quite a nice town.
                  The cold isn't so much of a problem as the lack of daylight. And beer is about £5 for a small bottle.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WDS

Booze prohibitively pricey. However, the cold weather is great for neutralising hangovers. Plus the Vasa museum is well worth a trip. And if you are into industrial strength coffee and meatballs, fill yer boots!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X