• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People on here must be loaded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People on here must be loaded

Workplace study finds it doesn’t pay to be nice

Nice guys do not necessarily finish last but will finish a distant second in the pay stakes, a US-based study into earnings and agreeableness has found.

Unveiling their findings, researchers at New York’s Cornell University showed that agreeable workers take home considerably less than their harder-nosed colleagues.

Although so-called ‘nice gals’ also receive thinner pay packets, the earnings gap between ‘agreeable’ and ‘disagreeable’ in men emerged as much more marked.

Or as delegates at the Academy of Management were told, on being presented with the findings this week “disagreeable guys simply leave agreeable ones in the dust.”

So whereas agreeable women are £1,115 worse off than their more challenging peers each year, men are down approximately £6,000 over the same period, the study found.

Based on data taken over 20 years in multiple surveys, the findings show ‘agreeable’ ‘warm’ ‘friendly’ or even ‘helpful’ types earn “significantly less,” particularly if they are male.

Source: Workplace study finds it doesn

I feel sorry for cojak though

Unfortunately for my bank account those people who have met me in real life seem to consider me a pleasant individual.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Nice guys do not necessarily finish last but will finish a distant second in the pay stakes, a US-based study into earnings and agreeableness has found.

Unveiling their findings, researchers at New York’s Cornell University showed that agreeable workers take home considerably less than their harder-nosed colleagues.

Although so-called ‘nice gals’ also receive thinner pay packets, the earnings gap between ‘agreeable’ and ‘disagreeable’ in men emerged as much more marked.

Or as delegates at the Academy of Management were told, on being presented with the findings this week “disagreeable guys simply leave agreeable ones in the dust.”

So whereas agreeable women are £1,115 worse off than their more challenging peers each year, men are down approximately £6,000 over the same period, the study found.

Based on data taken over 20 years in multiple surveys, the findings show ‘agreeable’ ‘warm’ ‘friendly’ or even ‘helpful’ types earn “significantly less,” particularly if they are male.

**** off, c*cksocket.

My invoice is in the post
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        **** off, c*cksocket.

My invoice is in the post
        You, you! You evil man!

I'm not very good at this am I?

Comment

FOAD
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

KUATB

Feckin' idiot
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Unfortunately for my bank account those people who have met me in real life seem to consider me a pleasant individual.
              What works in the US doesn't necessarily work elsewhere.

I prefer to have friends rather than live a Howard Hughes lifestyle.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                KUATB

Feckin' idiot
                Yes, if I was a highly paid arsehole I'd have pointed that out, but it'a bit like reviving my own threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  KUATB

Feckin' idiot
                  My link is different you insensitive cretin.

Comment

Well I'm rich AND incredibly nice.

Group hug, everyone.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X