• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency sent me to **** off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency sent me to **** off

Application for a non IT job this time. Telephone call:

ME: Hello can I speak to J..?

AGENT1: <interrupting> he's not here

ME: ...but I haven't even said who...

AGENT1: What is it regarding?

ME: It's about the ...

AGENT1: <interrupting> sorry its gone mate

ME: but you're not letting me speak!

AGENT1: ok I'll pass you to <not the one I wanted>

AGENT2: What seems to be the problem?

ME: Actually I wanted to ask about a vacancy but your colleague was a bit rude...

AGENT2: Rude? I tell you what. We haven't got much time allright? What do you want?

ME: I don't think I would ever want to work for you

AGENT2: **** off then! <HANGS UP>

Sign of the times?
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post

Sign of the times?
    Sounds more like a sign of you winding them up somehow in a previous call.

Why would anyone want to ask about a vacancy anyway?

If it looks roughly OK on the ad, and you have the skills, and it seems what and where you want for the right rate, just apply for it.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Some agents can be rude / sound like they're sniffing white stuff off a toilet seat.

Any agency that is tooooo animated to receive a simple call is probably a coked up body shopping bag of tulipe.

A real contractor would have realised this, and not even deemed this worthy of a post.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Sounds more like a sign of you winding them up somehow in a previous call.

Why would anyone want to ask about a vacancy anyway?
        The advert said: "To apply for this vacancy phone Mr XXX at 01XXX-XXX" and that was my fiirst call.
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

A real contractor would have realised this, and not even deemed this worthy of a post.

In fact I am a reluctant contractor. And then I also said it wasn't an IT vacancy. I probably smell like IT from a distance now.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            In fact I am a reluctant contractor. And then I also said it wasn't an IT vacancy. I probably smell like IT from a distance now.

I'm too tired to deal with this, can Shauny give him a shoeing please?

Comment

I'm too tired to deal with this, can Shauny give him a shoeing please?
              Shauny doesn't seem to be around so I'm afraid you're on your own son.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Shauny doesn't seem to be around so I'm afraid you're on your own son.
                Shauny was getting pished and spamming my playlist thread with loads of homo erotically repressed leather clad pop rock.

And to the boy Griffin, call the agent back and call them a ****. Not only will it make you feel much better, but it will be the first foot on the road to toughening up a bit.

And when the bedwetter in chief calls for you to toughen up, you really are a soggy mess.

HTH BISDI

Comment

Shauny was getting pished and spamming my playlist thread with loads of homo erotically repressed leather clad pop rock.

I was collating some decent tunes for you to drive to. I assumed this driving might be undertaken in a vehicle capable of attaining a decent top end. Had I known you were simply attempting to cobble together a medley of morose dross to listen to whilst you perambulated about in a Mobility scooter, I would have pitched the tracks accordingly.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X