• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

21:26!!! 5km on der Concept2, A whole 22 seconds quicker.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21:26!!! 5km on der Concept2, A whole 22 seconds quicker.

That machine really is the spawn of satin. Heart nearly leapt out of my chest.

Smug mode on.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Is that an exercise machine? Unless it cost at least £500 it will probably fall to bits within a year. Mine is welded and patched all over.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Smug mode on.
      You boring tedious little man. Fortunately Darwinism means we won't have to put up with you too much longer.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Y little man.
        Far from it. 6' 2" and Scottish
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Far from it. 6' 2" and Scottish
          No point refuting the boring and tedious though.

Comment

How to get fit in 15 minutes

In today's times:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/health...cle3138766.ece

Only 15 minutes of exercise a day can boost life expectancy, say scientists. Here’s how to make those 15 minutes count
            It sounds great, doesn’t it? Exercising for 15 minutes a day will extend your life expectancy by three years, according to a Taiwanese study reported in The Lancet last week. Getting away with a quarter of an hour’s exercise is a lovely idea but, of course, it’s not that simple. Just pootling to work on your bike for a quarter of an hour will deliver negligible fitness benefits. The good news is that if you’re prepared to work really hard within that time you can make a difference to your body and overall fitness.
            The 15-minute cardio workout
            To make those minutes count, try going for a real blast with a routine that involves four different types of cardio machine.

But if you really want to keep things simple, all you need is a rowing machine. Rowing is the single toughest exercise in the gym. Every cardio exercise, from gardening upwards, has what is called a “met” rate, the number of calories that you burn per kilo of your weight per hour. So if something is 10 mets and you weigh 70kg , you would burn 700 calories an hour. Walking has a met rate of between 4 and 6, but rowing is between 13 and 15. It’s vital to use it in training.

The Concept 2 machine is the most common. If you’re using one, set it to a level of between 7 and 10 and aim to do the following: 1,000m, 750m, 500m, 250m,with a rest in between of about 1 minute. While you’re rowing, keep your torso upright; don’t lean back or bend forward too far.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              No point refuting the boring and tedious though.
              It's a bit like leaving a written message 'don't read this', so why did you!?

Comment

It's a bit like leaving a written message 'don't read this', so why did you!?
                Why didn't you update your previous thread regarding this dull topic instead of start a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Why didn't you update your previous thread regarding this dull topic instead of start a new one?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Smug mode on.
                    What model would you recommend? There's a shed load of variations on Amazon.

Naturally my first instinct is to go for the most expensive, which isn't that bad at about £300
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X